Kings Lynn Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kings Lynn Home

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Oct 2014, 17:08

piearce9 wrote:I always like it when someone writes my thoughts down for me, so thank you Dalevillain. Agree with all of your comment, with the exception of Lait as Man of the Match (I thought he had a stinker, certainly by his recent form).

What was with all the shouts of "one shot, one goal" at end?! Don't get me wrong, it's a fine shots-to-goals ratio, but surely their fans should be shouting that instead?? ???
I thought Laity was the stand out player again, last night.

Always looked for space, worked back, looked dangerous and wanted to take men on.

What I absolutely love about him is, the fact he always wants the ball no matter what. That's a top class trait.

The Yeltz are at their most dangerous when we give Lait the ball, he's the one player we currently have that can make something happen, as per the equaliser last night.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Oct 2014, 17:11

A stinker? I can't agree with that.
He was always trying to play football and find a pass - although I will agree that, particularly in the first half, a few went astray. That can be attributed, possibly, to his team mates not always anticipating his intentions.
In the second half AVFCYeltz was of the opinion that if we were going to get anything from the game it would come via Laity.
A good judge is our Rob. :)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Oct 2014, 18:56

The second half attitude and commitment was once again superb but others on here have summed up our overall ability at this level. I know i was castigated the other week for daring to say anything negative, but i still think i am right. Others now seem to be agreeing. When we play the better teams in this division some players look out of their depth i feel. The never say die attitude will only carry us so far, i just hope it's far enough. We are the only side to have not won a home game and we need to put that right ASAP. We are not THAT far away but i still think as it is we are going to struggle.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 08 Oct 2014, 19:01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-P1hZ-i ... e=youtu.be

Their video highlights + another opposition manager who is not impressed by our pitch (11mins 22 + 13.32)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Oct 2014, 19:34

Our pitch may have its faults, but there are never any complaints from managers who have had a result at The Grove. ::)
Any explanations would be welcomed.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 08 Oct 2014, 19:38

Their video has nothing on ours! ::)

*Shameless plug*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHNKK_3X9n4
Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 08 Oct 2014, 22:03

Didn't really get chance to post last night or during today.

It was clear to see by all that Kings Lynn were the better side in the first half, I thought despite their long journey they looked sharp and a little like the Skelmersdale game first game of the season we struggled to match them very early on. This I felt set the tone. In all honesty I thought we showed them a little too much respect. Despite the fact we were playing one of the stronger teams I liked the fact JH started with Lait and Thompson-Brown wide I think it was a very positive message to send out. Unfortunately in the first half though I thought we missed the combative nature of Tonks or Forde at times. That said, had JH have selected either of them we may have struggled to create the chances we did. I guess he was damned if he did, and damned if he didn't there!

Second half, I thought we looked a different side and looked to have found another gear. Our tempo was better and we seemed prepared to 'have a go' Isedyn was struggling to have any kind of physical impact against Eze (who wouldn't? The guy has his own postcode!) but as mentioned elsewhere, our determination saw us grab a point.

Laity seems to be getting mixed reviews on here it seems, I think we have to accept that at times he will give the ball away, however I personally am happy to see this as he is far less pragmatic in his play than other midfield/wide players we have in the squad. Laity always wants the ball, and even last night when losing he wanted the ball all of the time. It's easy to want the ball when you are winning a game but Laity wants it irrespective of the score, he doesn't hide. (Not suggesting other do by the way) When he makes a mistake just watch to see how hard he is on himself. I think Laity is different to any other player in this squad and when he gets the ball to feet most people hope something happens. He is that one player who make something out of nothing. If he did it every time he'd (with all due respect) be playing a higher level than us.

The points Guesty makes are of course relevant, if they're spending that kind of money on players we have to be realistic and accept that we will come up against teams that are better than us on paper, and should be better than us in the way they play the game. However, last night they didn't beat us. Yes we rode our luck and yes we we're lucky to get a point, that said we hung on in the game. We stayed within touching distance of them and finished the game strongly getting a goal late on.

The progress this team is making is noticeable, the quality may not be there to outplay the top teams in the division but this team has heart, fight and desire. JH can see what we can see and I'm sure will do his best to help us move forwards.

See you at Guiseley!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 08 Oct 2014, 22:19

Witton are still the best side I have seen in this league this season.

The one shot one goal chant was aimed at their keeper. Who wasted time all second half. Clearly tried to kick Christie when kicking the ball. Was several times outside the box when did drop kicks.

I agree nothing seemed to jell first half with all our players. Anyone who went to Matlock would say our performance slipped as well as a better opposition.

Matt clearly needs some coaching on kicking from a live ball situation. Been poor last two games.

Second half we improved. Maybe we should have made changes a little earlier. But the never say die attitude of this team was seen again. That is twice at home and at the opening match at Skelmersdale we have scored late (no pun intended Lait) on to salvage a point.

Remember last season we were thrashed by Coalville at home and Leek away and what did we do on the return fixture.

Keep behind the lads.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 08 Oct 2014, 22:33

I must also add Christie has been declared offside a lot less in the last 4 games.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 09 Oct 2014, 14:21

Having now seen the Kings Lynn video and their manager interview I look forward to our team playing are there bowling green pitch later on in the season.