Coventry Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coventry Updates

Post by DanielRolinson » 30 Sep 2014, 23:02

Anyone able to post the formation and which players played where tonight?

Still trying to get used to names and positions at the moment ???
Yeltz TV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 30 Sep 2014, 23:08

[quote="Johnny Bud"]1. Whitcombe - new bloke! - goal Keeper
2. Green Right back
3. Griffiths Left Back
4. Forde Centre Mid
5. Hull Centre Back
6. Tilt Centre Mid
7. Robinson - new bloke Centre Back
8. Thompson-Brown Left wing mid
9. Christie Forward
10. Haseley Forward
11. Lait Right Wing mid

Hope this helps Daniel.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 30 Sep 2014, 23:10

Brilliant, cheers John
Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 30 Sep 2014, 23:12

I see they have an U21 game tomorrow so tonight's team was made up of U18 players. However, they had a couple of players playing who have played in the first team. Their No8 I believe has played first team, and looked really good. I guess their priorities like us are elsewhere but I thought it was a really good game. They obviously looked very sharp and comfortable on the ball as you would expect, and we looked organised and hard working as per usual.
I think with regard to attacking intent we certainly had the majority of the territorial advantage and chances, but their ball retention was better as you would expect. In truth though, they failed to get behind us and hurt us. New bloke in goal had little to do as new bloke Robinson and Hull marshaled our back four superbly with Griffiths at LB and Green RB. Laity again looked a threat and I much prefer Thompson-Brown wide. Anyone thinking Tilt is 'only' a CB hopefully saw tonight what John Hill has seen, and has seen Curtis play his third consecutive game really well in the middle of the pitch.
A really good work out, it was nice to see our lads (who've been at work all day) not show any kind of fatigue against the young professionals who get pampered and have probably sat around doing nothing all day as preparation for the game. Credit to the fitness work done with the players. It was also nice to see Ben get another goal the team will benefit from and another confidence boost before the really important game on Saturday at Matlock.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 30 Sep 2014, 23:19

Due to another unforeseen set of technology errors my footage from the game is missing, as is the interview we carried out with Christie which although short he had some real positives to say. There were also a couple of young fans I promised I'd put in after they celebrated the goal but the footage isn't available to use unfortunately.

We do have Ben's stuff so a couple of minutes will be uploaded with the usual match graphics.

With the F.A cup going to the Grove on Thursday we plan to make a video on that and hopefully get some good shots and interviews there.

Apologies for the failure.
Yeltz TV

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 01 Oct 2014, 00:55

Mate, need to get that camera working ASAP!!

Nice to see a win tonight, some might see it as a bit of a meaningless competition and somewhat in a way a 'friendly' game but good to see a fairly strong team put out by us tonight. Only 3 changes from Saturday, and not far off I think, goalkeeper and left back - Asa in for Griffiths aside, what will become our usual' team.

Very disappointed by the Coventry team that showed up tonight. Didn't matter what age or what level they were, thought they were non-existent up front and barely remember them troubling us at all.

Nice to see Ben score, and Christie revelled in his 'six goal glory' from Saturday. Looks like a man with confidence, and should have scored at least a couple tonight. In fact, the only criticism I have tonight is why the score line was only 1-0 and not a few more!

All in all though, a win is a win and winning breeds confidence so hopefully we can take tonight, and so far our good FA Cup form into the league and push ourselves higher up the table!

Up the Yeltz!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Oct 2014, 10:29

They murdered us, apparently. http://bit.ly/1vtIylI

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 01 Oct 2014, 12:10

YeltzDoc wrote:They murdered us, apparently. http://bit.ly/1vtIylI
Not sure they went that far, although obviously it's the reporter's remit to focus on their players.

".. an even contest with few chances for either side",