Ellistown Upda

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ellistown Upda

Post by juanillo » 27 Sep 2014, 19:43

After a slight wobble when they equalised, the match proved very straightforward. Although it was against lower opposition, the team applied itself very well and exploited their weaknesses to crosses. A great goalscoring feat from Iyseden! Attendance was 180.

Interestingly the neighbours from down the road could only draw at Blaby & Whetstone, in the same league as our opponents. Slightly annoyingly, our score was matched by the match appearing one above ours on the FA Cup results 'coupon' as Ebbsfleet beat Hythe 7-1.

Let's hope we can start getting some league wins. Matlock lost today so next week's game is big and Belper thumped Witton 5-0 so have also drawn level.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 27 Sep 2014, 20:45

The team and management went and did what they had to do.

The result did not flatter us and yes Christie did great with his goals, Wonder if they did let him have the ball in the end (it disappeared!)?

It was good to see that Ellistown did not just try and foul us at all which can be a danger against lower league opposition like Black Country Rangers last year. A nice little set up.

Well done to all our players, management and fans here's to the 3rd round. See you there.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 28 Sep 2014, 09:03

JohnC wrote:The team and management went and did what they had to do.

The result did not flatter us and yes Christie did great with his goals, Wonder if they did let him have the ball in the end (it disappeared!)?

It was good to see that Ellistown did not just try and foul us at all which can be a danger against lower league opposition like Black Country Rangers last year. A nice little set up.

Well done to all our players, management and fans here's to the 3rd round. See you there.
yes, he had the match ball, signed by the players and management (some 'x's' i noticed!) he hugged it all the way home (that may be a lie)...now, if i could get all the players in my car to the next away match....

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Sep 2014, 10:25

A ruthless performance. Hard to judge how good we were, as has been said, you can only beat what's in front of you.

I was pleased to see a more balanced look to our squad. Solid midfield with width and pace on the wings.

We took our chances.

It was a job well done, professional and pleasing. Into the next round and a much needed confidence boost.

Great away day.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 28 Sep 2014, 11:01

Just read the report in the NLP. Local journalist I imagine but pretty fair, even if their manager's quote about Iyesden seemed slightly sniffy to me.
However, the amusing point was that Christie was, naturally, MoM, but with a score of 4/5!
What did he have to do to get 5? Score 10?

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 28 Sep 2014, 12:31

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 28 Sep 2014, 15:03

I wonder how our £4500 prize money will be spent...

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Sep 2014, 15:46

Don't let the Sutton manager have any input!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Sep 2014, 16:54

YeltzDoc wrote:Just read the report in the NLP. Local journalist I imagine but pretty fair, even if their manager's quote about Iyesden seemed slightly sniffy to me.
However, the amusing point was that Christie was, naturally, MoM, but with a score of 4/5!
Haha- he was definitely 5/5. I don't think he missed a single chance, plus his influence and leadership was continual. An amazing performance from a fine player.

Really happy that the team did such a bloody superb job yesterday. The club has come SO far in the last couple of seasons that I think some people do forget what quality we do have in the squad. In the last two cup games it's been there for everyone to see.

I have to say also that the recent team adjustments worked well yesterday- with Tilt sitting in midfield, and RTB on the wing. The centre back we signed in the week would indicate that Sir John will be sticking with this approach.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 28 Sep 2014, 20:39

YeltzDoc wrote:Just read the report in the NLP. Local journalist I imagine but pretty fair, even if their manager's quote about Iyesden seemed slightly sniffy to me.
No, the match got 4/5 for entertainment, not Christie; the NLP doesn't give the MoM a score. The reporter got the sequence of goals wrong which isn't surprising given their frequency.