Ashton United updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton United updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Sep 2014, 17:10

I know that it is no consolation, but Belper lost 5 - 1 at Buxton and haven't won a game yet having shipped 23 goals.
It just shows the gap in class from the Div1 South.
We just have to keep hoping we can turn it round - quickly.
We are also the lowest scorers in the league.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 20 Sep 2014, 17:15

Looking very bleak at the moment. Its clearly taking a while for us to click at the moment, but surely it will happen eventually? I wasn't there today but I'm guessing we wasn't played off the park, judging by the score. Which is what I find so frustrating! We have had the capability to beat most of these teams but yet we keep on losing!!! Can't blame refs for every game (even if they are crap!), so there must be something missing. Confidence is a big miss at the moment, and we clearly are struggling to adapt to this league and finding a way to beat defences. Maybe we're missing a bit of luck, or maybe something isn't falling for us. Surely something will fall our way!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 20 Sep 2014, 18:04

lutleyyeltz wrote: It just shows the gap in class from the Div1 South.
We just have to keep hoping we can turn it round - quickly.
We are also the lowest scorers in the league.
It would appear so, though Curzon Ashton and Ramsbottom are acquitting themselves quite well, unless the Div 1 North is better.
We've also played quite a few teams bear the bottom already.

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 20 Sep 2014, 18:28

Well, Curzon beat Stourbr*dge 1-0 today, Curzon really are making a name for themselves at the moment.

Now an somebody who was there explain the team to me? Was JH playing a 5-3-2 today?
#YeltzTV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Sep 2014, 19:28

Just got back via JohnC's Limo.

Nice ground, nice people although it resembled James Turner Street next to the ground.

Being a 'happy clapper' I always look for the positives first in every Yeltz performance and despite the criticism of our recent style of play I thought today we tried hard to pass the ball. When the team sheet came out before the game we couldn't work out who was playing where but it transpired that Joe Hull returned at CB alongside Joel Kettle with Curtis Tilt taking up an unfamiliar CM role. Tonks was playing on the left with Laity on the right.

We started really brightly and didn't allow Ashton to play out from the back and pressed them well to frequently win the ball much higher up the pitch. Thompson-Brown, Lait and Isedyn in particular were linking up well. With a little more composure in the last third we might have taken advantage of our territorial advantage. As it turned out we probably had our best spell of the game in the first 30 minutes but failed to score despite some flapping by their keeper. They thought they'd scored when one of their players handled the ball and the referee correctly disallowed the goal. 0-0 at half time we probably edged it, but in truth I can't recall either keeper having to do a great deal with regard to shots saved.

The second half wasn't much better, a header from Sub Haseley at the death, and a drive by Lait that went a few yards wide was all we could muster outside of the usual scrambles from Tonksy's throw ins (Which didn't really cause too much of a problem) As is the norm, we didn't get a couple of decisions that might have gone our way but in truth our shouts were more out of desperation and hope than any genuine reason. Their goal seemed to come out of the blue really as it was a 0-0 game all day long.

I'm never critical of players on here as I feel it achieves nothing, neither am I of the coaching staff. I have to say that despite the very disappointing result we aren't far off being a decent side in this league. Any team is built on the foundations of it's defence and our defensive offerings this season aren't really and issue. The lack of goals is the key, by not looking like a team who can score two goals in a game in this league we're putting pressure on our back four. Any manager builds his team from the back and I'm sure John Hill can see why we aren't scoring goals like last season and I'm confident he'll put things right.

We have to remember that the manager has had little time to work with the players but I'm sure he's learnt more about the players in the last 5 weeks than he has in all of last season when we were winning. Stick with the team, get behind them and give the manager and players your 100% backing like we all did today at Ashton!

Up the Yeltz!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 20 Sep 2014, 21:00

I'ts very frustrating at the moment, we're so close to being more than competitive at this level. Once again the effort and commitment is there for all to see. That's all I and others ask.

Firstly, I believe the players need to have more faith, belief and confidence in their ability and themselves. They worked so bloody hard to get to this league and they deserve to be at this level, they need to realise they're good enough to be here.

We haven't looked out of place what so ever. Not one team (Witton the exception, so I'm told) has out played us and looked a lot better than us.

Fact is we can and are competing in every game this year.

Secondly, we need to get back to basics. We need to stop switching off and stop conceding sloppy goals. We need to cut out the silly mistakes which we are being punished on every single time with a goal.

I wonder if Key Barry's absence is hindering our defensive play?

Thankfully we have a Tuesday off next week so I'm guessing there will be two training sessions before Saturday's game where John can work on a few things which maybe he hasn't had the chance to this season.

When you're in the run we are playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday etc isn't ideal.

Thirdly, I think we need to start putting square pegs in square holes. I rate Tonksy but he's a little wasted out wide, expecially when we have Griff on the bench. How can we reasonably expect to create chances with only one true winger with pace on the pitch, in Laity?

Finally, I am massively behind John Hill. I have absolute faith in this group of players, I don't think it's a case of 'we're not good enough', it's just a tweak with selections / tactics and a new signing or two.

A win is just around the corner :)

Up the Yeltz.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 21 Sep 2014, 10:03

Once again we have lost by a narrow margin.

If Christie's goal had been allowed in the first half would it have been a different game? Being behind the goal I could not see if an offside decision was correct which is why it was disallowed. Supporters on the side said they did not see an offside offence.

That said their (correct spelling Mr Raiden) keeper had a fairly quiet afternoon.

So all we need is a tweak or two and we can turn our fortunes around. JH now has two weeks before the next league game to attempt to make the changes he feels necessary. With no game this Tuesday they have an extra training session.

These times are what being a true support is about.

Keep the faith. We are so close.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 21 Sep 2014, 11:21

Since I wasn't there yesterday, I can only echo what Rob and John have mentioned. All we can do as fans of this wonderful club is get behind the lads in these very difficult times. As Raiden said, a win is around the corner, and if we give them our support we can push them towards three points! I'll be there every week and I'll go to every away game that I can make, whatever the previous result because the lads out there are giving there all and I still believe we can do well in this league. We are still making the step into this league and we'll get there eventually!