Nantwich updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nantwich updates

Post by RobYeltz » 17 Sep 2014, 17:27

Royalsfan wrote:Ha Ha Ha Ha so our clueless manager says you cant play any football on that pitch and you hammer him and call him a Tit and now you are hammering your own side for not playing any football AGAIN ::) ::) ::) ::)
So far, the only criticism of our pitch has come from the only team who have lost on it. Coincidence?
It ain't the greatest pitch no, I know that as I spent many an hour working on it during the summer like numerous other volunteers. The club spent a significant amount on the pitch during the summer, mainly on the goalmouths. In my opinion more needed spending on it, whether the money was there to do that I don't know and we to be honest shouldn't be discussed on a public forum. Halesowen Town like many clubs are run by volunteers, the volunteers did their best with the time, and resources available to them. If more people had offered to help either financially or with time it would surely have been better but it isn't. The pitch is what it is, the same for both teams. Just like how you have an advantage on your home carpet we had an advantage playing on our pitch.

How we play got us results last season and last week, it isn't quite getting results this season in the league but as mentioned we're punching above our weight with the budget we have. We'll keep supporting our team and turning up to see them give their all for the club even if it is a crap pitch. Your Ajax like football is hardly pulling in the punters on your carpet in Sutton though is it?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Sep 2014, 17:36

How sour are those grapes.

Yes we don't play like you Brazilian superstars but our style and players gave yours a good hiding last Saturday.

Royalsfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Royalsfan » 17 Sep 2014, 18:09

Give me strength the Black Country really is full of idiots !!!!

We have a pitch that teams come and beat us on by playing football and passing us off the park last season so our manager has changed how we play and not done a bad job either 1 loss in 7 and unbeaten in the league also winning every game at home on the pitch he changed our style to accommodate.

Your pitch is not the best so your manager sets your team up to play in a way that suits your pitch and last season won you the league.

Teams including you moan about our pitch but you get a bit back and look at you going all defensive with crowds well into the 300s every week and your constant drivel about how small your budget is I'd be asking where the fxxk is all the money going ??????

Where are the sour grapes in that ????

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 17 Sep 2014, 18:44

Royalsfan wrote:Give me strength the Black Country really is full of idiots !!!!

We have a pitch that teams come and beat us on by playing football and passing us off the park last season so our manager has changed how we play and not done a bad job either 1 loss in 7 and unbeaten in the league also winning every game at home on the pitch he changed our style to accommodate.

Your pitch is not the best so your manager sets your team up to play in a way that suits your pitch and last season won you the league.

Teams including you moan about our pitch but you get a bit back and look at you going all defensive with crowds well into the 300s every week and your constant drivel about how small your budget is I'd be asking where the fxxk is all the money going ??????

Where are the sour grapes in that ????
Any need for the idiots comment? If you want to discuss the merits of either club I welcome your opinion as I do anyone else but let's not throw the insults around eh?

As for where the money goes I don't know fully, I know with a ground like ours it probably costs more to maintain. The recent break in wouldn't have helped either. You quote our fanbase, but unlike yourselves we don't generate money through our pitch hire for how many hours a week and a function room generating bar income all week.

As for being defensive, we're defending our territory, defending our team and supporting our club. I'm not all that arsed about Sutton if I'm honest, good luck to you. It's surprising how this has become such a big issue to you.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 17 Sep 2014, 19:16

Royal supporter the reason Till left for Stourbr*dge was for an extra queens shilling nought to do with pitch. We lost the same amount of games home and away last season so our pitch was not an advantage.

We did however win both games on the Royal carpet. Romulus and Sutton.

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow".

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Sep 2014, 19:49

I am very proud of being from the BlackCountry, you ignorant fool.

The only 'idiot' on here is you.

At least we have decent curry and yeltzmen round here!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Sep 2014, 20:29

Overlooking the Sutton guy and slowly on to last night's game.....

I'm sure you've all probably seen Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade where they're tied up in the fireplace and it revolves around to leave them in a Nazi control room, with morse code messages coming in, people moving counters across maps of Europe, and everyone looking generally very busy. Anyway, that's how I pictured John Hill's living room last night, perhaps without the regalia.

Since Sir John joined the club he's continually spotted what's going wrong, and has gone out and fixed it. And whilst everyone at the club (supporters included) find their feet at this higher level, he'll continue to do just that- no doubt about it- but following yesterday's game he will certainly be at the drawing board.

At this present time, the key issue is creativity. I reckon everyone's quietly comfortable with the back line, and you do feel our strikers will take their chances. But we desperately need someone in midfield to pick a pass, and it would be ideal to have another winger (in the mould of Lait) to take on defences. That's where the problem lies (imho).

A few other quick observations from me:
- Nantwich's supporters were great value last night. Fair play to them for travelling down on a Tuesday and making some noise.
- Quick mention to Asa who has been superb so far this season.
- Kettle's not doing much wrong, but it's got to be time to return Joe to the starting 11. He's a class player, and it pains me to see him on the subs bench.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 17 Sep 2014, 20:47

Why not play 3 centre backs Tilt, Hull and Kettle, wing backs Kristen RB and Aaron LB (give Asa part of a match off)?
Midfield Macca Lait and Tonks or Forde
Front Ben and Thomson Brown (give Christie a break for part of a match)

Bench - Christie, Bragolie, Asa, Tonks or Forde, Pearson or Young.

The pace of the game is being effected by the number of offsides we are giving and waiting for a player to return from an offside position.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Sep 2014, 20:59

Pierce, you're right. The defence in open play seems okay. But we are conceding a worrying amount of set piece goals as well as sloppy 'switch off goals'.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Sep 2014, 21:12

Just an idea, but has anyone thought of giving the kit man a run in the first team? He's a showboat machine in the half time break.