Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nantwich updates

Post by Westyeltz » 16 Sep 2014, 21:43

No Ben tonight ??

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 16 Sep 2014, 22:20

Still trouble with the hamstring apparently, he was there watching though.

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 16 Sep 2014, 22:26

We're NEVER going to get anywhere in this league if we keep doing this knock it over the top and hope for the best - It doesn't work!

The coaching staff needs to teach these lads how to play along the floor. We need to play from the back and switch the play by going back to the defence or Matt. Doing this will help us control the speed of the game and is a lot harder to play against.

It's too early to predict anything yet, but if we continue playing like that every match then we'll be in for a relegation battle. No doubt it's the worst I've seen us play this season so far. I feel Laity was the only person who turned up tonight.
#YeltzTV

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 16 Sep 2014, 22:33

A last gasp equaliser cannot disguise that this was a very patchy performance, and having a defence more than good enough for this league won't get us up the table when we average less than a goal a game. Looked a lot better with Macca picking passes and Forde hassling their midfield quicker, but chronic lack of width on the left without Griffiths playing is just too easy for defences in this league. Bragioli Turner and Tonks all have something to offer, but until we stop playing all 3 of them at once our strikers will remain too isolated and that isn't helped by the long ball game. Time for Plan B, and that doesn't necessarily mean new players, perhaps just new ideas?

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 16 Sep 2014, 22:50

We were lucky to get anything from this game tonight, so am delighted with a point with how the game went, we didn't create any clear cut chances, and seemed to run out of ideas.

We seemed to be outmuscled and didn't seem to be there for the 2nd ball, I thought the half time subs were positive as we needed a bit more steel in midfield. Thought Laity was superb apart from occasionally taking on one too many, but when you are trying to make something happen that's understandable. Thought Kristian and Tonksy did well too.

Our saving grace I guess was that we kept going and got an equaliser when I think most didn't think it was going to happen, that goal could go 2 ways now I feel, it could give us the confidence to come out in the next game and try and dominate, or be a false dawn where we again don't play well, I really hope the former, I do think we need to play more on the floor, when we do we can be very effective.

At times our front two were just to wide apart. Someone needs to get closer to Isedyn when he is trying to hold the ball up or lay it back. The support to the ball carrier was very slow at times too, I realise at this level it's tougher, faster and better but I still don't think we have adapted, the worrying thing was for me that we didn't make their keeper work apart from Maccas shot in the 2nd half and of course him picking the ball out the net at the end !

Positive we got a point when we shouldn't of done ! Move on to Ashton Saturday and hopefully a good performance and 3 points.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 16 Sep 2014, 23:02

Like i said on FB...

Yeltz were absolutely shocking. So fortunate to get a point.

Football was just hit and hope, no tempo. Just nothing going forward - unless Laity was on the ball...it looked like we were never going to score in a month of Sundays. I just can't see where the goals are coming from?

2 shots on target in the last 2 league home matches tells you a lot.

Yet another sloppy set piece goal conceded too. It's all school boy and it's happening too often. We aren't learning are we?

We weren't good enough on the second ball. It was very frustrating.

oh well it can't get much worse performance wise?

A point when you're poor can only be positive!

Green,Tonks and Lait were the only players who looked capable of something tonight.

Gutting! Roll on Saturday, regardless!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 16 Sep 2014, 23:06

Tonight was without doubt our poorest performance of the season in my opinion. With respect to Nantwich I didn't think they were anything special either.

I take on board some of the previous posters comments but I think comments like, "The coaching staff needs to teach these lads how to play along the floor" is unnecessary. When the games have been coming thick and fast and the players are only training possibly once a week I wonder when this is meant to happen in the couple of hours per week the coaching staff have with them?

John and his coaching staff are no fools, they can see what happened tonight and so far this season and I've every confidence they'll do all they can in their power to make things better. As poor as it was at times i think the players deserve a lot of credit for battling away to get a draw when we deserved nothing. In some games this season we've deserved better and not got our rewards - tonight we did. I admire the fact that JH has given the players the opportunity to compete at this level and i'm sure given time he'll get it right.

I thought the two half time substitutions were excellent and gave us added impetus and improved our tempo. Macca and Forde helped us to retain the ball better and it was no coincidence that our best spell of the game was the first 15 minutes of the second half when they were on the pitch.

Defensively at this level I think our defensive record is fine, but obviously we need to improve our offensive play. Give the manager and his coaching staff time to put things right and please get behind the lads as much as we can. I thought their support was excellent and it would be good if more than half a dozen of us lot tried to get behind the boys, starting on Saturday at Ashton United.

Keep the faith..
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 16 Sep 2014, 23:18

I agree with the previous summaries. The defence is generally sound but the midfield needs to be more creative and significantly we need some pace, width and acceleration. We kept going without ever looking dangerous and scored from the favoured long throw routine. The only real threat appears to come from throw ins or set pieces; I would like to see more build up play and less long ball, but it's not easy to change what players are used to and what has worked before, and would the players be able to play a new style successfully?

Nantwich were by no means outstanding but generally looked a better unit, which could be applied to several opponents this season. I fear we are yet to encounter the better sides in this league.