Nantwich updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nantwich updates

Post by dalevillain » 17 Sep 2014, 21:25

Had some issues posting on here so my take on last nights game is slightly delayed and maybe reviewed slightly different having had more time to digest it.

I don't know if it was the worst performance of the season last night, I thought maybe Workington (Non-league day) was slightly worse as we never looked like scoring in a million years that day. I thought we were ok in patches last night but to be honest, we were a touch fortunate to get something out of the game.

I don't think anyone can deny the effort and commitment these players give, but I feel that sometimes they fall short of what is required at this level.

Nantwich were by no means special but they seemed to have a bit more about them, despite their supposed injury problems. I guess that comes with experience though.

However we carried on going and managed to get the equaliser and could have even won it in the dying seconds so fair play to the lads for that.

Maybe it boils down to a lack of confidence as well as to why we kept reverting back to the 'long ball' tactics. But again, we did not get beat and we are showing we can at least compete at this level rather than being thrashed every week.

Finally, on a disappointing note, the attendance last night -only 298 which I feel is a bit shocking to be honest. I could understand if it was a freezing cold night in December but not a fairly mild night in September. Mind you, it was probably the noisiest it's been down the Grove this season as we actually sung for a change last night and also fair play to the Nantwich fans as I thought their fans were excellent.

Royalsfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Royalsfan » 17 Sep 2014, 21:44

Sorry your right no need for the idiot shout !

Just as a point of reference we make no money from the pitch at all that is run as a separate business but we do have a very active function room & the currys around Sutton are top draw.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 17 Sep 2014, 23:32

You can check out the match highlights here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nARgTXDBnI
Yeltz TV

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 18 Sep 2014, 07:44

Royalsfan wrote:Sorry your right no need for the idiot shout !

Just as a point of reference we make no money from the pitch at all that is run as a separate business but we do have a very active function room & the currys around Sutton are top draw.
You're*...

Royalsfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Royalsfan » 18 Sep 2014, 23:23

RaidenYeltz wrote:

You're*...
Yow am !!! Is that better ;D

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Sep 2014, 07:22

Yam* ;)

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 19 Sep 2014, 08:04

Royalsfan wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:

You're*...
Yow am !!! Is that better ;D
It would be if you included a question mark (? - FYI !)

Royalsfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Royalsfan » 19 Sep 2014, 08:06

Cheers chaps

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 20 Sep 2014, 10:01

For those like me not up with latest social twitter.

John Hill's tweet after Tuesday's game.
----------------------------------------------------
Totally drained after tonight's inept performance. I can only apologise to the supporters for that. We desperately need a midweek break.

------------------------------------------------
The gaffa isn't daft and thanks John H for being open and apologetic.

See you at Ashton. COME ON THE YELTZZZZzzzzzzzz.