Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Sep 2014, 17:07

Full time: Halesowen 3 - Sutton Coldfield 0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Sep 2014, 18:29

Thomson Browns goal was a highlight that would have lit up any match, anywhere. Thankfully the second half was a big improvement on a poor first. Hopefully we can carry some confidence forward now and results may start to come.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Sep 2014, 21:43

Yes the second half was much better and the team seemed to play more confidently after taking the lead. Sutton never posed a threat after the break except from one or two hefty challenges.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 13 Sep 2014, 22:05

I don't think there was a lot in it first half, as usual we didn't get anything from the ref, their number 9 could easily of been off mainly for persistent fouling.

Second half we started strong (must of been a good half time team talk from the gaffer). Elliott's free kick was quality, whip it in back post with pace and if everyone misses it, it goes in the corner. Laity's lunge obviously putting the keeper off. After the goal we played with confidence and was good to see us looking for goals rather than trying to hang on to what we had. The pick was definitely Thompson Brown's goal, a great run and a nice composed finish. It could really have been 5 or 6 at the end.

That will give us confidence for Tuesday and hopefully beyond. A home draw in the next round would be nice.
Well done lads ! See you all Tuesday !

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Sep 2014, 00:55

Well done lads. Great result.

I think in the second half we stopped getting involved in all their first half nonsense and got on with playing. They came to disrupt the flow of the game and got away once again with murder with an inadequate, incapable referee. In the second half we relaxed, got the ball down and played a bit and our confidence grew with every goal.

I'm really pleased for the manager, coaching staff and players as we got the reward for our efforts. If I have to pick one thing that made the difference today to last week I would say it was our set piece delivery. Not good enough against Workington, and all too often not beating the first defender, today it was considerably better. The ball was delivered into a much more dangerous area with pace and accuracy.

A clean sheet was also a great bonus, and hopefully we can build on that from Tuesday evening.

Well done chaps, same effort and desire on Tuesday please!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 14 Sep 2014, 10:08

Great to get a win yesterday in what will hopefully be a confidence booster for the league going forward.

Dour first half as a whole from both sides, I agree that they seemed to stop the flow of the game but second half we looked more composed and assured and 3 quick goals in the space of 10 minutes killed the game off and could have been a few more in the end.

I think our class came through in the end. I think yesterday demonstrated the difference in quality between the two leagues and how tricky the Premier is compared to Division One.

But of course winning breeds confidence, great result lads and onwards and upwards!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Sep 2014, 10:13

The team and management did well today. I thought Sutton were more physical often from the forwards. Their no.9 got away with too many fouls and the vertically challenged referee maybe could not see that high.

The ref then can see 3/4s down the pitch (as his short legs he could keep up with the pace) and said Christie was not fouled whilst the majority of the crowd could.

Shame for the disruption when a replacement assistant had to be found as one pulled up with an injury I think it may have disrupted the flow first half.

Second half we carried on as before. I agree our dead ball kicks, throws were better but I think Sutton defence were not as good as the league we are in.

So Tuesday once again will be difficult. I believe we have the players and management to carry this result into our league campaign. We have all been learning to cope with being back in a higher level.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 14 Sep 2014, 10:15

KingEdsYeltz wrote:Any reason why hull hasn't been starting recently?
I guess it's as simple as he's being kept on the bench by Kettle, who's done a brilliant job recently.