Sutton Coldfield Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Updates

Post by piearce9 » 14 Sep 2014, 16:21

You'll have to all excuse me for wading straight in to the waters of the bloody obvious, but why was Joe Hull put up top when we had Ben still on the bench?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 14 Sep 2014, 16:35

I guess a bit of an experiment. I'm all for the idea of putting a centre back up top when we need to go direct. I would just ask why Joe went up as opposed to Joel? Joel seems the better ball player.

I thought Joe Hull did well up there!

Also, I believe Ben had a slight knock.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 Sep 2014, 16:43

RaidenYeltz wrote:Also, I believe Ben had a slight knock.
That'll do me for an answer.
*Stands at ease*

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 14 Sep 2014, 23:54

I work with a chap who knows Joel Kettle as he plays Sunday league and he apparently plays centre midfield for his respected team and apparently sometimes has played as a striker so what you're saying would make sense.

As for not putting Ben on and Joe Hull up front instead, where we not 3-0 up at the time anyway and comfortable that we weren't in any danger of losing the lead? Therefore I see no point in bringing Ben on in this instance particularly if he was as mentioned, not fully fit.

If it was still 0-0 and we needed him on to nick a goal then obviously bring him on but no point if the job was already done.

I still think we are a striker short but nice to try a few different things now and again.