Workington Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
offmehead
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Workington Updates

Post by offmehead » 07 Sep 2014, 12:56

Clearly we have all got our opinions and preferences for who plays and how they do it, a lot of which has already been voiced. I`m sure the Manager will do the best with what he has got available on Tuesday, and has some plans for change based on 3 losses. A scraped win at Rushall will do fine.
One thing I noticed watching the second half on Saturday from near our back line was a lack (at times) of effective communication ie: advising, encouraging or bollocking, from the players. Also perhaps if they think they need it let`s see them indicate to the crowd that they could be giving more direct vocal support to the Team, when it`s gone a bit flat.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 07 Sep 2014, 13:39

offmehead wrote:Clearly we have all got our opinions and preferences for who plays and how they do it, a lot of which has already been voiced. I`m sure the Manager will do the best with what he has got available on Tuesday, and has some plans for change based on 3 losses. A scraped win at Rushall will do fine.
One thing I noticed watching the second half on Saturday from near our back line was a lack (at times) of effective communication ie: advising, encouraging or bollocking, from the players. Also perhaps if they think they need it let`s see them indicate to the crowd that they could be giving more direct vocal support to the Team, when it`s gone a bit flat.
The noise from the crowd was very disappointing. Half a dozen of us made more noise away at Witton on Tuesday.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 07 Sep 2014, 20:51

AVFCYELTZ wrote:
offmehead wrote:Clearly we have all got our opinions and preferences for who plays and how they do it, a lot of which has already been voiced. I`m sure the Manager will do the best with what he has got available on Tuesday, and has some plans for change based on 3 losses. A scraped win at Rushall will do fine.
The noise from the crowd was very disappointing. Half a dozen of us made more noise away at Witton on Tuesday.
It was better than the week before against Blyth but considering the size of the crowd yesterday it was envitable it would be but why have the fans stopped singing? At times it appears like we try and start a chant off but we almost feel too embarrassed to sing so we back off. It's been said a good many a time that the fans can act as a '12th man' and spur the team on which could make a hell of a difference.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 07 Sep 2014, 21:33

dalevillain wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:
It was better than the week before against Blyth but considering the size of the crowd yesterday it was envitable it would be but why have the fans stopped singing? At times it appears like we try and start a chant off but we almost feel too embarrassed to sing so we back off. It's been said a good many a time that the fans can act as a '12th man' and spur the team on which could make a hell of a difference.
Don't worry the atmosphere will be a lot better thus Saturday ! ;)

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 07 Sep 2014, 22:08

dazzlingdazza wrote: Don't worry the atmosphere will be a lot better thus Saturday ! ;)
You say that Dazza but we'll be back to our 'usual' 400 odd attendance next Saturday. It's the FA Cup though and would love us to have a good cup run! Here's hoping! Up the Yeltz!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 07 Sep 2014, 22:52

dalevillain wrote:
dazzlingdazza wrote: Don't worry the atmosphere will be a lot better thus Saturday ! ;)
You say that Dazza but we'll be back to our 'usual' 400 odd attendance next Saturday. It's the FA Cup though and would love us to have a good cup run! Here's hoping! Up the Yeltz!

Not blowing my own trumpet but I wasn't there Yesterday. I can't make Tuesday either, but I will be there Saturday, I don't mind opening my mouth and trying to get behind the lads, if I end up singing on my own that's fine it doesn't embarrass me anymore, the embarrassed ones should be the ones that know they can sing but don't. It's about getting behind the lads, this is the time to do it more so, they need our help !

As Rob said at Witton last week 6 of us made some noise and despite the scoreline had a great night, the lads appreciated our support.

Like you said it acts as a 12th man and we definitely made a difference last season and look what happened there !

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 07 Sep 2014, 23:49

Having read DJ's match report if Turners ball had gone in instead of out from the post first half it could have been a different game.

I trust John H and his staff they can see what we can. Only having Thursday night to change things must be hard.

Tuesday we go again.

tt8
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by tt8 » 08 Sep 2014, 07:39

just like to say thanks to the biggiest crowd ive seen since being at halesowen, was fantastic. the lads/staff do realise and notice and i personally think everyone is intitle to there opionion as you pay you well earned cash to watch us, i have never wrote on here before and possibly wont again, but from a players point of view....

i read the forum all the time and
yes we have gone up a league, we knew that it was going to be a little tougher, but its fine margins and a little luck or a decesion from the officials (with out making excuses) but teams are a lot better organised and defend better, so chances come few and far between and its going to take time for us to adapat our game as you cant go from one extreme to the other in a matter of weeks. we have a style of play thats won us the league, with the players that we have, so we have obviously done something right.
we try and pass the ball as much as we can or oppositions allow us, but as players we try and find weak links during games, and if thats going long in to iysden, in to RTB feet or channels for ben then thats what we will do to try and get 3 points.

we keep going and putting 100% into every game because thats how we work, and soon the quality and luck will change im sure of it, so stick with us as the points are just round the corner.

Up The Yeltz.

Tonksy

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 08 Sep 2014, 08:07

Tonksy

There is an OLD song WE used to sing "leaving all the moaners at the Grove".

You are right people are entitled to their opinion. Some seem to only remember the last game. Forget the three draws and one win. People I think are trying to be constructive in their criticism. It is easy whilst standing elevated on the sidelines without an opposition player bearing down on us to imagine the right choice in our mind. Not the same when at pitch level and in the game,

Having been to ALL the games I agree it is fine margins. How many nailed on penalties (seen from behind the goal we were attacking) home and away have we not been given?

WE will be there again Tuesday to support you all.

Come on the Yeeeelllllllllltttttttzzzzzzz.

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 08 Sep 2014, 08:57

Good to hear many of the frustrations most of us experienced on Saturday. If this is a forum for asking about certain tactical elements and included in the frustration bit any ideas why e.g...... When we get a throw in near the half way line, we now seem to chuck it back to our keeper expecting him to find a player instead of us throwing to a midfielder and going forward? Why don't we vary tactics on Tonks throw with close players rather than hoping that something will drop when the opposition have 11men behind the ball?
Teams in this league are much better. No problems with the attitudes of the players but Saturday with a large crowd was disappointing and a major opportunity missed.