Witton Albion updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Witton Albion updates

Post by andy » 02 Sep 2014, 21:38

YeltzDoc wrote:
Johnny Bud wrote:Losing 2.0

I still blame Doc for that comment about the unbeaten run ;)
I genuinely feel so guilty.
Rightly so!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 02 Sep 2014, 21:40

Full Time: Witton Albion 2 - Yeltz 0

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 02 Sep 2014, 21:41

Attendance: 303

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 02 Sep 2014, 21:41

I will go and sacrifice myself on The Acropolis - I can see it from the bar, anyway...

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 02 Sep 2014, 22:11

Disappointed to hear /read we lost. And lost well by the sounds of it.

It's a steeper curve than I expected but I still have complete belief in this team, management and everyone involved.

We will surprise people. I am convinced.

Roll on Saturday, up the Yeltz! :D

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 02 Sep 2014, 22:31

RaidenYeltz wrote:Disappointed to hear /read we lost. And lost well by the sounds of it.

It's a steeper curve than I expected but I still have complete belief in this team, management and everyone involved.

We will surprise people. I am convinced.

Roll on Saturday, up the Yeltz! :D

Too right pal, can't win them all I suppose and it sounds like Witton will be up there come the end of the season.

Really hope the lads can bounce back and put in a great performance on Saturday for Non-league day!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 03 Sep 2014, 00:03

Just got back via the limo and not the M6.

The learning curve continues. No need to panic, no need to worry. We were well in this game for 60 minutes without really troubling their keeper but the opening goal seemed to lift them, they found another gear and very much unlike us, we couldn't and didn't really create anything of note and get back at them. Had we have got the first goal then it might have given us something to hang onto.

I have to say though, that the players once again were a credit to the club. They battled their hearts out right to the end and as supporters we can ask no more than that. Personally, I think Witton and Skelmersdale are the two strongest sides I've seen this season and once again we held them in reach for a good proportion of the game. We need to use this game in particular as an example of where we want to be in time.

Witton looked, dare I say a yard quicker/sharper than us in almost every area of the pitch. Our ball retention wasn't good enough against this opposition, particularly after they scored. Importantly too we're really not getting the rub of the green. Those little balls that sometimes bounce in your favour seem at the moment to always drop for the opposition or to safety. We really could do with a big slice of luck to go our way.

Witton was a nice ground, the people were friendly and very welcoming. I was talking to one of their supporters before the game and he was telling me how they have played in this division for three seasons, I think tonight it was clear to see how well John Hill has done and his players in competing so well against such an established team at this level and how far we have to go still.

This team will understandably be a little downbeat tonight, so our support of them on Saturday is vital. Simply put tonight we got beat by a better side, no complaints about the result or officials we didn't deserve anything. No shame in that, or admitting that, but I'm sure come Saturday at The Grove with a vocal support behind the lads they'll be doing all they can to get 3pts. Keep the faith. In John Hill and the players I trust!

Up the Yeltz!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 03 Sep 2014, 00:04

The team did there best tonight. The better team won and they are the best I have seen this season. Sargent pulled off some great saves and the other players did well to prevent further goals too. The Witton keeper unfortunately had very little to do tonight.

Some fans gave the players their support during the match and at the final whistle which was appreciated by the players and management.

Saturday is another 90 mins starting nil nil. Keep working hard lads and we will support you. You are as good as the teams in this league.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 03 Sep 2014, 15:01

I think Witton just shaded the first half, they hit the post early on which might have opened the floodgates earlier for them who knows.

2nd half we were still in it, battling really hard but going forward I think we did ran out of ideas, Witton scored which was a little disappointing to be beaten near post. Sarge did pull off a few cracking saves to keep us only 1 down, we seemed to drop deeper, looked a bit tired and didn't really have an outlet when cleared from our area, so the inevitable was that it came straight back and the pressure ended with Witton scoring a second 6 minutes from the end.

Witton were a very good side, easily the best I have seen so far this season, tough but pretty stylish side who will do well in this league.

Well done to the players for their effort as usual last night, I think the vast majority on here realise it's more difficult this season, win lose or draw as long as the players give 100% that's all you can ask for, was nice to see all of them come over to us last night.

If you take our midfield 4 Bragoli ( still new to the side) Griffiths, Macca and Tonks probably need more games as they haven't been regulars I thought we did ok, we competed and it will clearly take time to adjust at this level and I think we will.

Maybe food for thought could be to try 5 3 2 (3 5 2) play 3 centre backs Tilt, Hull, Kettle.
Green and possibly Griffiths as wing backs, with 3 central midfielders, Forde would be ideal but obviously out injured at present, so possibly Macca, Tonks and Turner, I think this system through the middle is very solid with 2 pacy wide men given space down the flanks.

It's clear that it's going to be difficult this season, the players have already mentioned that we help them when we get behind the team, so on Saturday I think as many of us should show some vocal support for them, it's not a case of them encouraging us to sing through the way they are playing, we should get behind them whether they are 6-0 up 1-0 down or it's the most boring game ever, there will be a few of us behind the dugout 1st half and possibly the shed second, if anyone wants to join us they are more than welcome too. Come on everyone they are all big games but we don't want 3 defeats in a row ! See you Saturday Up the Yeltz !

saddlersandyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by saddlersandyeltz » 03 Sep 2014, 16:03

Some good points being made. Have only been to the Blythe game so far but great to see the spirit and work rate of the players is fantastic like last season. Think they are still adapting to the pace and standard at a higher level - agree about the midfield lads needing a bit more time to gel - hopefully then there'll be more quality balls into the front two. Also agree about the vocal encouragement - above all the players need to stay confident and positive - I'm not much of a singer but I might well join you on Saturday!