Witton Albion updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Witton Albion updates

Post by piearce9 » 03 Sep 2014, 16:26

Coming away from the game yesterday, it felt like I was returning from a spa weekend in comparison to the bitter disappointment of Saturday. No moaning, no blaming, just a bloody good effort, and full credit to the opposition who were, in short bursts, excellent.

The gaffer and players will know the areas we need to improve to try and match these teams but for me, I would like to see a bit more of Chris Lait, who gives us an injection of pace and danger, and also a bit more variety off the Tonks throw-in, as we all seem to pile into the box to see it headed away by the first defender. Going short once or twice wouldn't hurt.

Things will continue to improve no doubt and, interestingly, there's a nice milestone at the end of next month when Witton travel to meet us on a Tuesday night. Will be good to see how things move on in the meantime.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Sep 2014, 18:33

Judging by the reports from you guys it sounds as if we gave it a good go. No shame in losing to better teams (we knew there would be some) if everybody puts a shift in. Looking at the season so far, a mid table finish would be realistic hope, rather than looking any higher. Should that happen it will be a bonus.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 03 Sep 2014, 18:57

Had a bit of a think about the game yesterday, and I think we have to accept at times that despite the best efforts of the players and management we will lose games like we did yesterday. As I said in my previous post, Witton Albion have been here 3 years, we've been here 3 weeks? I was really proud of our lads yesterday, they gave their all right up to the last kick of the game and I'm glad they acknowledged us, when we applauded them off the pitch. It was important that they saw and heard that we appreciated their efforts. We really need the players to hear our support, at The Grove. It is easy to support the team and be vocal when we are 2-0 up and coasting, but when we are 0-0 and the game is edgy and nervous, or losing 1-0 that is when the team need to hear our support.
There will be a few new fans at the Grove on Saturday due to it being non-league day, and as much as what they see on the pitch influencing their decision to come back in the future I really want newbies to see and hear a really supportive, partizan Yeltz crowd backing their team from the moment they walk on the pitch. Hopefully we'll see a good number of families there too and see it as an ideal opportunity to get their kids at The Grove to watch their football. (Watch your language Josh ;-) )
Let's back the boys on Saturday and get The Grove rocking, the players and management deserve it after Tuesday!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 03 Sep 2014, 22:15

AVFCYELTZ wrote: We really need the players to hear our support, at The Grove. It is easy to support the team and be vocal when we are 2-0 up and coasting, but when we are 0-0 and the game is edgy and nervous, or losing 1-0 that is when the team need to hear our support.
There will be a few new fans at the Grove on Saturday due to it being non-league day, and as much as what they see on the pitch influencing their decision to come back in the future I really want newbies to see and hear a really supportive, partizan Yeltz crowd backing their team from the moment they walk on the pitch. Hopefully we'll see a good number of families there too and see it as an ideal opportunity to get their kids at The Grove to watch their football. (Watch your language Josh ;-) )
Let's back the boys on Saturday and get The Grove rocking, the players and management deserve it after Tuesday!
Totally agree with this Rob. I wasn't there last night but going back to last Saturday the biggest disappointment for me was how flat the crowd were which in turn, contributed to a rather flat game and flat performance. Looking back on it, if we had got behind the lads a bit more then this would have given them a bit of encouragement and maybe the result may have been different, although that we will never know now.

I want to see the Grove rocking on Saturday and would love to see it packed like 'the good old days' and everyone having a good old sing song! I've always thought that when we attack The Shed End in the 2nd half it's like a 12th man trying to suck the ball into the net in the same way Villa have The Holte End or Liverpool have The Kop.

I really can't wait for Saturday now! Up the Yeltz!