Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 25 Aug 2014, 17:04

Attendance: 178

KingEdsYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KingEdsYeltz » 25 Aug 2014, 17:58

great win, anybody know what has happened to lait?

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 25 Aug 2014, 18:33

Really important victory today, taking into account the poor conditions, and the rotations in the line-up. But there's no argument that the win was deserved, and that's a great response following Saturday's disappointment. Performance of the day was from Joe- he had a superb game and didn't put a foot wrong.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 25 Aug 2014, 18:54

Correct result. We had another definite penalty not given by the official. (Their keeper agreed with us).

Squad rotation all round as we have a good squad of players including Ben. Perhaps if Christie had not had Tuesday off he may have been rested for the start of the match.

A good Yeltz following shame for Barwell they did not seem to have many fans.

Superb two big proper sausages 10 inch whopper of hot dog £2.50.

Disappointment was the players being subbed did not acknowledge the fans and other than Christie and a couple of others turning and clapping the majority of the team did not come and acknowledge the vocal support behind the goal at the end of the match.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Aug 2014, 18:54

KingEdsYeltz wrote:great win, anybody know what has happened to lait?
Case of injuries. Such a shame, he's a fantastic asset.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 25 Aug 2014, 19:04

Lait has gone (on loan I think) to AFC Wulfrunians. He played for them on Saturday.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Aug 2014, 19:27

Today was a fantastic win, not just the way in which we played but the relief of getting the first win of the season. I don't like the idea of must wins, and I wouldn't go as far as to say today was a must win but it was important that we won as soon as possible, as the longer we went without that first win the more the pressure builds in following fixtures.

Now we have that win, it represents a very good start to the season. After drawing to 'the worst team in the league', Skelmersdale have won 3 in a row, that opening day point seems a very good result indeed. Four games unbeaten at a higher level (bear in mind a large number of this squad were plying their trade at a level lower than we were last season!) is a very good start.

This start, despite some very suspect decisions from officials in these early season games. Admittedly I'm the worst for getting on a referees & officials back but I'm concerned as to the lack of quality and the lack of decisions we're getting, I hope it evens out. From the first four games we've now had two good goals ruled out and two penalties (Both on Christie) turned down. Save for the referee against Belper, they've been of a very poor standard, not just on big point costing decisions but generally,for both sets of teams. It ruins the game.

Onto today - I thought it was a thoroughly deserved win. To make 4 changes and still be more than competitive in the game just shows how much depth we now have at this club. Those who came in (Macca, Tonks, Joel Kettle and RTB) all played very well.

We had the better chances, a string of them in the second half before Christie opened the scoring. Barring a short period after we scored - where Barwell hit the woodwork, they rarely threatened. If we had been given the blatant penalty in the first half when Christie was brought down, I think we could have gone on to win more comfortably.

We've started getting the ball down on the floor more this season and we look more threatening with it. Having the likes of Macca helps out in this regard.

Nice to get the first clean sheet of the season too! This defence has looked as solid as it did last season - in the main part, and hopefully the silly mistakes we've made in the first three games which have cost us, will be cut out now. Joel Kettle looks a very good player, knowing he's more of a centre back, he did a fantastic job at right back today, with Green moving over to replace Asa at left back.

Bobby Brown looks very comfortable at this level too and will offer good competition for Ben's place. I think I'd have given Christie man of the match today. He's such a big miss when he's not playing as Belper at home proved. I just think he leads the line fantastically well and gets so many flick ons & holds the ball up so well. In reality a number of players could have got the man of the match accolade, today.

All in all a very good away performance and a very pleasing win.