Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by dazzlingdazza » 25 Aug 2014, 20:28

Good to get our first win of the season, even more so hanging on to the win this time after losing the lead in the last two matches. We dug in and it was well deserved well done lads 3 more points would be nice on Saturday.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Aug 2014, 20:29

Some very good summing up, I agree with piearce9 about Joe Hull, who was indeed excellent, in my opinion though I thought Curtis just edged it as our best player.

You can see that we're really making a big effort to get it the ball down and pass it, and when we do we look great. Till in particular looks so comfortable on the ball. The pass by Tonksy today for RBT was absolutely superb, a real defence splitting pass, the weight judged to perfection. RBT then had the composure to pick out Isedyn's run and it was 1-0. Problem is, we're trying to play more football than last season but often the opposition aren't letting us and seem intent on the ball spending more time in the air. (The possible exception of that being Skelmersdale)

It's been a tough start for us, and have looked comfortable (apart from the first 20 minutes at Skelmersdale) we're shown ourselves to be a very capable side at this level and we know these boys will get better. I think we also need to realise that John Hill has assembled a squad of players, all capable of starting. I don't think we have an XI as such with the rest of the players making up the numbers, we genuinely have enough players good enough to start. John Hill's challenge will be keeping them all happy I suppose but that's a much better scenario to be in than the team picking itself. I expected a couple of changes today, and JH surprised me in making so many, but once again he was justified in his decision.

Have to agree with the lack of acknowledgement of our support by the players at the end. Yes, it was a horrible wet day, but we stood in the rain behind the goal and sang our heads off for them. 178 there today and I would say 140 of them were Yeltz fans!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 25 Aug 2014, 21:39

To quote a certain Mr Paul Lambert on todays performance 'I thought we were excellent' and I really did. It was a difficult game what with the conditions, and the appalling decisions given by the ref.

I thought it was good that John Hill utilised the squad giving some players a rest and the players that came in, Tonksey, Kettle, Thompson-Brown and Macca gave a good account of themselves.

To be fair, their keeper was brilliant as well, if I wasn't for him I think we would have won comfortably. I would love to have seen it again and it's a shame we don't have the beauty of action replays/goal line technology at this level but I personally thought Christie's shot that was 'cleared off the line' actually went through the net but sadly, we will never know.

It was good that despite a nervy finish we managed to see the game out, need to start taking our chances though and seeing teams off as we've seen both in pre-season and the first few games that 1 goal isn't always enough and can end up being punished. Fortunately, we weren't today.

But overall, great away day despite the weather! And I echo the comments in relation to the Barwell hotdog for £2.50, it was superb!

Up the Yeltz!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 25 Aug 2014, 21:43

We are hot on them lots heels up the road too with their 0-0 draw against Rushall, good day all round !

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 25 Aug 2014, 22:57

dazzlingdazza wrote:We are hot on them lots heels up the road too with their 0-0 draw against Rushall, good day all round !
They only got 375 gate as well !!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Aug 2014, 22:59

JohnC wrote:
dazzlingdazza wrote:We are hot on them lots heels up the road too with their 0-0 draw against Rushall, good day all round !
They only got 375 gate as well !!
The cricket was rained off to be fair.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 26 Aug 2014, 20:27

Included in the Barwell line-up yesterday were 3 ex-Yeltzmen who all played for us in the 2009-10 season - Luke Barlone, Scott Rickards & Connor Fulford.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/barwell/s ... /1-1009405