Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Aug 2014, 15:58

Last night was an example of how tough this Northern Premier is going to be.
Belper were the Belper from last season - disputing every decision from the outset. It was good to see Mr Garrett inform the opposition coaching staff that it was he who would run the game and not them.

A decent enough performance, but we are going to have accept that every game will be as hard and close fought as last night's.
"Super" Ben, in my opinion, has to be aware that there are some hard lads waiting for him and some extra toughness on his part will be needed if he is to cope.
A great crowd for a Tuesday night - let's hope that Saturday's will be bigger.

PS Why are the goalmouths still being used in pre-game warm-ups. ::) A lot of hard work went into repairing the bunkers that were left at the end of last season. Have a word, somebody.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by juanillo » 20 Aug 2014, 16:30

lutleyyeltz wrote:Last night was an example of how tough this Northern Premier is going to be.
I agree the league will be tough, although I guess using last night's match probably isn't so relevant as Belper are just as new to it themselves and others' comments regarding the players having to learn at this level applied to them as well.

The league will necessarily be tougher as the opposition teams should, by and large, just be better than those in the division below; some will appear more physical because they are that bit stronger or fitter and some will just be more skilful. However there is no reason why we can't acquit ourselves well overall.

Good point about the goal-mouths.