Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stafford Rangers Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Jul 2014, 21:34

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Jul 2014, 21:38

2.2- the last 5 minutes haven't been good!!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Jul 2014, 21:39

Full time: 2.2

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Jul 2014, 00:25

A really entertaining game, played in a good spirit. A game we should have won comfortably, but for some good goalkeeping and lacklustre defending we should have won comfortably.

I really like Till, I think given time, him and Ben will gain the understanding to rip teams apart. As for Thompson-Brown, what a signing he looks. Playing wide like against Wulfrunians on Saturday he was like a fish out of water, tonight upfront he looked fantastic. He could really push Isedyn or Ben for a place, if not what a great sub to bring on for 20-25 minutes?
I think before too long you'll see John try a 3-5-2 formation, with Green and Oliver as wing backs and the impressive Kettle joining Hull and Tilt in central defence. In front of that maybe a holding midfield of two from Forde,McKenzie,Tonks and Turner with Till behind Christie/Ben or Thompson-Brown.

I honestly think with the same attitude, desire and support this bunch of lads and management team could finish comfortable mid-table. Let's get behind the boys!

229 for a friendly is Impressive, let's keep that support going!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 23 Jul 2014, 01:38

I was very impressed with our performance especially in the first half. Till looked very good. Definitely not afraid to get forward and take people on. Thompson-Brown looked superb tonight, and even though I wasn't at AFC Wulfs, I can tell that he should be playing in the middle, not out wide. A very useful player to have in the squad, especially if Christie or Haseley get tired. After seeing his goal, imagine what he could do in the last 20-30 minutes when the defence are getting tired and he has fresh legs! Also Tilt in my opinion was totally solid tonight, had a very good game.

Some of the football we played tonight was impressive. It goes to show that when we play a little less direct we can play some very attractive, good football. We looked very dangerous because of it and I hope we do his more often in the season!

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 23 Jul 2014, 08:58

I'd really like to see Ben and RT-B playing together. What a duo that would make! But then what do you do with Iysden because he's immense? Tough choices for JH.

Maybe we should play a 4-3-3 with RT-B, Ben and Iysden up front, Till Turner and Tonka midfield and then Asa Hull Green and Macca in defence?

One last thing, Sam Pearson. Anybody know anything about where he was last night because he didn't come on and for that matter he wasn't there at all... was he?
#YeltzTV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 23 Jul 2014, 10:02

[quote="

One last thing, Sam Pearson. Anybody know anything about where he was last night because he didn't come on and for that matter he wasn't there at all... was he?[/quote]

Sargent was not there Saturday at all and Sam played the whole game. Perhaps like Sargent was last week Sam is on holiday.