Mickleover Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover Updates

Post by JohnC » 05 Apr 2014, 20:19

A good come back from going behind after having most of the possession.
Joe Hull used his foot to score (normally his head) his thunder shot from outside keepers area rocketed towards goal and hit the underside of the crossbar, fell behind the line and in.

All the other goal scorers and team deserve praise it was a team performance.

Funny was when one of the mickey coaching staff threw his hat in the dug out after about 10 minutes after having a rant at the ref over nothing.

Shame Derby fans did not take offer of £5 with their season ticket. Mickey would not let me use my Halesowen season ticket for reduced entry.

Thanks to Mike, Sarah and Darren for the John Hill T=Shirt Idea. They will be making outings to the last three away games (I can't make Loughboro much to their managers disappointment) "Johnny Hill's barmy army". A nostalgic moment for years to come. One of their fans wanted to know who had died as they thought it was in memory of someone.

Well done to the small group of singers if it was heard over bridge radio.

What a season this has been with more games still to go.

Shame the back of the Mickey Programme had us down as Chasetown and Paul Evans in goal. >:(

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 05 Apr 2014, 20:37

dazzlingdazza wrote:Just got back from the game
Time this was posted: 17:18. That was quick! ;D

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 05 Apr 2014, 20:48

Jokes aside, another three points, fantastic! Shame I couldn't make it and I would have loved on of those John Hill shirts that I've seen on Facebook! Another four cup finals to go, lets win them and see how Coalville and Leek do. We can only beat the teams in front of us...

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Apr 2014, 21:11

I'm a big believer of the 'team ethos', and team spirit idealogy, and today showed once again we have that in abundance. They were more than a decent side and having gone a goal down early one we might have crumbled. We didn't though and we showed great spirit in fighting back to lead twice in an action packed first half.

I'm not one for singling out individuals either but today one man is fully deserving of individual recognition - Isedyn Christie, he was pretty much unplayable. He held the ball up, held defenders off, and his vision to pick out a pass was a joy to watch. His goal also summed up his instinct to be in the right place at the right time. He may not have had the fans chanting his name, but it didn't go unnoticed how for each goal we scored he played a major part in it and his teammates where quick to show him their gratitude in the after goal celebrations.

Mickleover, knocked the ball around really well, but scored both their goals from a well worked near post corner and another well placed cross. Their possession football was pretty, but ironically they only hurt us from these two crosses.

Credit also to the brains behind the John Hill t-shirts, the Gaffer looked genuinely humbled by the support he received today, but it really was a gesture from the supporters to all of the management team for their hard work and effort this season. Hopefully he'll see a few more next week at The Grove!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 05 Apr 2014, 23:12

beastyyeltz wrote:Jokes aside, another three points, fantastic! Shame I couldn't make it and I would have loved on of those John Hill shirts that I've seen on Facebook! Another four cup finals to go, lets win them and see how Coalville and Leek do. We can only beat the teams in front of us...
got a few left and will try and order more for next week if any one is interested in joining the `John Hill barmy army`! (£5 each by the way!)

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 05 Apr 2014, 23:37

I would love to join the John Hill Barmy Army but I won't be there next week :'( is there any other way I can buy one so I can wear one at Belper?

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 05 Apr 2014, 23:41

beastyyeltz wrote:I would love to join the John Hill Barmy Army but I won't be there next week :'( is there any other way I can buy one so I can wear one at Belper?
if you can get to the big pet store tomorrow 9am-4pm or monday 9am-6pm ive got one there you can purchase!

MickLeOver
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MickLeOver » 06 Apr 2014, 11:24

Well done yesterday. Hope you go up automatically, you're the only team I don't fancy facing.
Thought the ref and his assistants had a poor game, as the ref should have given our right back two yellows for poor tackles.
Did you notice the assistants were running the right backs line not the usual left back?
Good support from you lot, I was disappointed with ours seeing that this was the first time in ages Derby were away when we were at home.
Hope you enjoyed the beer nearly as much as the result.
Good luck.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 06 Apr 2014, 11:27

MickLeOver wrote:Well done yesterday. Hope you go up automatically, you're the only team I don't fancy facing.
Thought the ref and his assistants had a poor game, as the ref should have given our right back two yellows for poor tackles.
Did you notice the assistants were running the right backs line not the usual left back?
Good support from you lot, I was disappointed with ours seeing that this was the first time in ages Derby were away when we were at home.
Hope you enjoyed the beer nearly as much as the result.
Good luck.
Great soup, great beer and a friendly set up. Also a bit warmer than the last time we visited ;D A word for your keeper...what a great bloke he is...great banter, and a reminder why football at this level is such a joy ;D

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 06 Apr 2014, 12:39

Their keeper was fantastic at the home game too. Brilliant laugh.

Beer was cracking, loved asking for two sweet 16's.