Scarborough Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Scarborough Updates

Post by Carlin » 29 Mar 2014, 19:36

excellent three points. solid performance all round. still to tight to call out of us and our rivals for the championship. its a good advantage for us that we've only got one mid week game left and one game over the bank holiday so fatigue should not be to much of a problem. four out the five games remaining are away but with our away support i think that will not concern the lads. the two stand out fixtures are mickleover and belper. its going to be a great finish. and also well done everyone who attended today 601 is a great gate something to be proud of. up the yeltz

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Mar 2014, 19:41

Colin Blobby or whatever you're called, we were brilliant today, weren't we?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 29 Mar 2014, 21:35

A really solid performance, and after such a great team performance I try not to mention or single out individuals, however Curtis Tilt's performance today was absolutely outstanding. He was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. I fully understand why Isedyn won the award scoring the penalty, and playing a part in the other two goals, but Curtis must have been very close in the thinking.
We really did look very solid throughout, a strong spine to the side, with Danks and Griffiths grafting hard wide. Our two full backs also looked as good as ever too
The most pleasing aspect for me, is (once again) the attitude of the players. There is a really good spirit to this side and Danks and Botfield have added to it. Tonksy is probably many people's choice of player of the season and for him not to get into the side at the moment speaks volumes of the quality we have in the team. He came in today as a sub and was as vocal as normal trying hard to push for can place on Tuesday.
Well done lads, keep it going. Superb crowd as well!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Colin Bobble » 29 Mar 2014, 22:06

RaidenYeltz wrote:Colin Blobby or whatever you're called, we were brilliant today, weren't we?
Good relative to our humble status, not brilliant. Superlatives should be used sparingly.

Perhaps this will become apparent as you grow up and develop some more interests in life. Things then fall into place and relative importance in the great scheme. For example, when you reach puberty you may develop and interest in girls (or boys, sheep, cardboard boxes, ..., etc).

So, just a tip, try and keep things in perspective so that you don't come across as a complete drooler.

CB

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 29 Mar 2014, 23:26

Team performance excellent, crowd performance poor! Big crowd , were top of the league but WHERE IS THE ATMOSPHERE? We get all sorts of Tweets with #12th man, people coming on here raving about Yeltz chants, its easy to sing from the keyboard, do your job and GET BEHIND THE BLOODY TEAM :o

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 30 Mar 2014, 08:58

ZeeZee wrote:Team performance excellent, crowd performance poor! Big crowd , were top of the league but WHERE IS THE ATMOSPHERE? We get all sorts of Tweets with #12th man, people coming on here raving about Yeltz chants, its easy to sing from the keyboard, do your job and GET BEHIND THE BLOODY TEAM :o
its a fair comment. it never realy got going. the second half i was on the side terrace with 1 eye on the match the other on my son. normaly when i go without junior trant i do get in the shed and try and do my bit. it only takes 1 brave soul to get things going. so when 1 starts we should all join in and not leave said brave soul stood there shouting like a melon on his own

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 30 Mar 2014, 10:13

Well done to the management and the players 3 points, target of playoffs achieved.
I agree the whole team did well today I would find it hard to name a player who underperformed.

Man of the match could have been again several players with Christie being one of the contenders.

Shame Scarborough were disgraceful in defeat spitting and the guy in the suit (I assume their manager) having some issue with the match officials at the end of the match.

Match officials the ref should have taken more control with an early yellow card or two.
Hanging around Christies neck by an defender is allowed. Did not give a definite penalty first half and allowed Scarbs to continually protest in his face on mass.

As for the atmosphere it was not too bad second half. I was not behind the goal but no one seemed to join in when Daz started in the first half behind the goal whilst there were plenty of others around him.

When we went to Coalville, Brigg etc. there were five or six of us behind the goal doing the singing etc. However, plenty of non singing support was given.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 30 Mar 2014, 22:01

I always sing when somebody starts singing but its a case of if people actually starting the singing. I never start it myself in fear of nobody joining in and looking like a bit of a tit. I probably would if I was 100% confident that somebody would join in. Like I said, if somebody started I'll add my voice in too.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 30 Mar 2014, 22:19

Colin Bobble wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:Colin Blobby or whatever you're called, we were brilliant today, weren't we?
Good relative to our humble status, not brilliant. Superlatives should be used sparingly.

Perhaps this will become apparent as you grow up and develop some more interests in life. Things then fall into place and relative importance in the great scheme. For example, when you reach puberty you may develop and interest in girls (or boys, sheep, cardboard boxes, ..., etc).

So, just a tip, try and keep things in perspective so that you don't come across as a complete drooler.

CB
Nice to see Colin in his usual 'happy-chappy' mood again.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Mar 2014, 10:47

Colin Bobble wrote:

CB
I shall just ignore your inane ramblings which doubtlessly belong in a playground along with other like minded peers.

Every week the attitude and work rate of this current squad is spot on. They don’t allow the opposition any time on the ball what so ever. I find the tactics from John Hill and his coaching staff, together with the application of those instructions, by the players, to be the real brilliance in the performances most weeks. Granted, we all have off days.

We have a clear game plan and we clearly do homework on all sides we come up against. I can’t give enough praise on our management team for this. The above is typified by the fact no team has achieved the double over us this season.

The two classic examples of this are the Leek at home win and the Coalville away win. Wins which occurred after we were out played in the corresponding fixture.

We never really looked in danger of losing at home to Leek and at Coalville we dominated the first 25/30 minutes of the game and once we got the would be winner we sat back and defended valiantly. There were a few hairy moments, but this is to be expected at home to one of the top sides in this league.

On to Saturday’s game, I thought we were brilliant on Saturday and I suggest a good majority will concur. Was it a classic and vintage Yeltz performance? No, not at all, but at this stage of the season it’s all about the clichéd ‘squeaky bum time’ and ‘it’s not the performance that matters it’s the result’.

If you use the ‘the opposition weren’t good’ line then for a minute ask yourself why they didn’t look very good. Because our players make a lot of teams look average through work rate alone.

I don’t think the result ever looked in doubt; I thought we played some good football at times, some of Macca’s passing and through balls are top class. I feel Danks was a man of the match contender as were Joe Hull, Tilt, Green, Macca, Ben and Christie, who would be my choice. But as AV said above it was a real team effort and one to be proud of.

To score 3 goals and keep a clean sheet against a decent outfit is a decent day’s work for me.
When you look at the facts; we are now on a run of just one defeat in ten games, keeping eight clean sheets in that process.

So considering the above, if I use a lot of superlatives to describe a one off performance or indeed this season then I am more than justified. We have a great squad at the moment who are turning in great performances week in week out.