Scarborough Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Scarborough Updates

Post by HalesowenHarry » 31 Mar 2014, 11:36

Wasn't as impressed with Scarborough as people who'd seen them this season had suggested I might, maybe their inability to get in to the play offs now had something to do with it although I like to think we just out thought them as have so many others so far this season tactically. John Hill, via twitter,thought we weren't very good on Saturday. Tough taskmaster!

Certainly looks like we might go to the wire, if we can just get 3 points at Sheffield and then Leek lose on Wednesday.....

You have to be pleased both on and off the pitch with how well all involved have done this season, 601 is testament to that. Long may it continue!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 31 Mar 2014, 11:39

Agreed, if we could get three points tomorrow it would certainly put the pressure on Leek and Coalville being that far clear the top, with both having to play each other.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 31 Mar 2014, 13:06

Interesting interview with the Scarborough boss Mr Funk.

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/spo ... -1-6531796

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 31 Mar 2014, 13:30

I wonder who said what? Any of our correspondents from behind the dugout know anything?

A bit of sour grapes I guess and a dig at us being physical in there as well. Overall though he seemed to be threatening his own players with some upcoming changes and an intriguing "pencil and paper" training session.

I suppose what he is saying is, stop your messing around, better think of your future, time you straighten right out, creating problems in Town.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 31 Mar 2014, 13:52

As I've mentioned before, Scarborough weren't anything particularly Special.

If we do unfortunately end up away in the playoffs Halesowen will be like a ghost town........

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 31 Mar 2014, 14:10

Seamus wrote:Interesting interview with the Scarborough boss Mr Funk.

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/spo ... -1-6531796
Can anybody interpret what he actually says at the start of the interview?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 31 Mar 2014, 14:18

Judging by a few posts on their forum our player should be banned for a year for the tackle on Hughes. It did look bad from their point of view, but he won the ball and a free kick. Hughes has a broken leg by all accounts, so without replays its difficult to say whether it was a good challenge and unfortunate for him or not. We'd probably have moaned had it been one of our players with a bosted leg.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Mar 2014, 14:27

No mention of his players spitting then...

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 31 Mar 2014, 17:21

I saw clearly the challenge by Tilt on Hughes, Curtis went in hard no doubt, hard but fair and won the ball clearly and cleanly. The momentum of Tilt and the fact Hughes came in after the ball had been won was the reason for the injury. There was certainly no intention for Curtis to hurt Hughes I don't think.
Their manager was quick to blame the officials I see and blame Tilt for the challenge as well as have a pop at our bench for whatever he was upset about. Strange he wasn't so moralistic when their player was spitting at the end.
Sour grapes...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Mar 2014, 17:36

AVFCYELTZ wrote:I saw clearly the challenge by Tilt on Hughes, Curtis went in hard no doubt, hard but fair and won the ball clearly and cleanly. The momentum of Tilt and the fact Hughes came in after the ball had been won was the reason for the injury. There was certainly no intention for Curtis to hurt Hughes I don't think.
Their manager was quick to blame the officials I see and blame Tilt for the challenge as well as have a pop at our bench for whatever he was upset about. Strange he wasn't so moralistic when their player was spitting at the end.
Sour grapes...
I was looking forward to seeing Hughes play. I didn't realise it was serious.

Cracking player for your mates down St Andrews and at Charlton.