Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Paulton Rovers Sat 13th August

Post by valenciayeltz » 13 Aug 2011, 16:58

1 1 ft

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Aug 2011, 19:08

After watching the Evesham friendly i was a little worried about indiscipline, but hoped it may be a one off. Wrong. After a comfortable first half that we shaded, a few alarm bells were already ringing. Constant barracking of an admittedly poor ref and some poor challenges did not bode well. Second half we could have realistically ended up with 8 men instead of 10 and instead of continuing to play some of the good first half football we resorted to constantly hoofing it. Shame really as we can play some nice stuff, but the lack of discipline is already really worrying.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 13 Aug 2011, 20:04

Don't think we did enough to win it.

Not sure why Justin has an ear problem and has to go off, what has happened to bandage on head and play on, however he had not done much when on the pitch.
Someone (Chiltern as even at his short height won a header) needs to show Jackson that you can jump and win a header not rely on the fact you are tall and hope it hits your head.
Marlon Wlaters needs to play football and shut his mouth, when he commits a foul. Shaun had to encourage him to leave the pitch after the whistle and not carry on with other team.

Westwood after an eventful first half was quiet until the unnecessary sending off which could have cost us the game.

Well done to all the others. Lee Chiltern worked hard as usual.

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 13 Aug 2011, 21:46

At the end of the day a point away from home is a good result! Agree with Andy that the discipline looks worrying but will leave that to Shaun to sort out! Bring on Tuessay and the 1st 3 points!

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 14 Aug 2011, 09:07

sprout wrote:At the end of the day a point away from home is a good result! Agree with Andy that the discipline looks worrying but will leave that to Shaun to sort out!
I'm not so sure he will. He's had 7 pre-season games to notice how bad the indiscipline is and yet still hasn't got the perpetrators to stop or even got rid of them. I hope he proves me wrong. We played the better stuff on Saturday until they riled us, then we looked all over the shop and just waiting to get involved with every decision. Paulton battled really hard till the final minute and made us look exhausted by the full time whistle. Marlon Walters, if fit, is a good player, that is until he loses the plot. Westwood looks potentially a good player, but that may only be for 20 minutes judging by the red mist, and Jackson also seems to eager to tell the referee in no uncertain terms about incorrect decisions.
On the plus side, Lescott was tremendous, as were the other 3 at the back. Saunders can play football and probably isn't far off full fitness and the goalkeeper seems not too bad either.
On to Tuesday and we have to be looking for three points against a North Leigh side beaten 3-1 by the Mangos on Saturday at home.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 14 Aug 2011, 10:26

I was just thinking about writing something but HH has summed up exactly what I thought.

For the first 25 minutes we looked an impressive side and played some great footie. At that stage perhaps unlucky to only be 1 up..............then it all went tits up when we decided we wanted to fight everyone....lost our shape and stopped playing the nice footie.

The problem is that at this level all managers talk to each other. I can just imagine the conversation this morning when the North Leigh manager rings his mate the Paulton manager 'they look a good side and you will struggle to beat them at football...but just wind up the 7 & 9...job done for you'

The sad fact is that young Westwood is far too good for this level, but if he kept his head then he wouldn't be here but at a far higher level.

All that said I have confidence in Shaun..he 'aint blind.

P.S. John C .... respect your opinion but have to say that Justin Nisbett impressed me, and we really lost something when he went off.

Hey Ho....a point away from home isn't a bad start :)