Newcastle Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Selfie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Newcastle Updates

Post by Selfie » 11 Nov 2013, 13:15

Two games in and you're moaning about the keeper already?! ::)

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 11 Nov 2013, 13:32

Selfie wrote:Two games in and you're moaning about the keeper already?! ::)

Seems strange how Evans was first choice and captain (i don't agree with keepers being captain) with the knowledge of a spell out for wedding duty. He and Sam have done well most of the time, the odd error but considering the games they have both played you would expect.

Who is 100% great at work all the time?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 11 Nov 2013, 13:42

If GK's at this level never f****d up all season then they wouldn't be at this level. You have to expect they will make the odd error, especially Pearson who's only a young lad.

I was more than happy with Pearson and Evans.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 11 Nov 2013, 15:08

Selfie nobody is moaning about he new keepers performances, far from it but you seem to miss the point that with two keepers already here and as has just been pointed out they all make mistakes. But if any goalie makes a mistake it usually ends in a goal. To pull that back you need midfielders who can either create or score goals or forwards who are regular scorers. This should have been PRIORITY not another keeper.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 11 Nov 2013, 19:38

KenR wrote:I think that we went for a no goal draw, judging by the format of the side, and if we nicked a goal that would be a bonus. The disappointing thing for me , and I said this after the debacle at Leek, was that we had nobody on the bench who could give us an option and change our system. Surely with two more than adequate goalies already on board, the priority was to sign either a creative midfielder or a goalscorer and not another keeper.
Jephcott can play both of those positions comfortably and had Penney not got unluckily got suspended we would have been more than comfortable for players. I have it on good authority that a forward WAS on the radar but it didn't happen. I think we also need to consider that both Christie and MacKenzie have been carrying knocks recently as well as varying injuries to Guyes, Winsper, Griffiths and Brady hasn't helped.
As for the goalkeepers, I think Pearson on the whole has done very well apart from one error but he is young and shouldn't yet I believe be relied upon to be No1. In my time watching Halesowen Evans has looked solid but not spectacular and this season has cost us a few goals. I understand from those who have been the Yeltz a lot longer than me though is Evans has been a very reliable player and loyal to the club. I guess we have to trust the gaffer on this one, and to be honest every player he has bought to the squad has improved us, if he sees fit to bring in a new keeper I'm happy to trust his judgement on that one.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 11 Nov 2013, 21:00

I think you have hit it on the head AVFCyeltz about trusting the gaffer, at the start of the season if someone had of offered me 3rd after 15 games and to be right in the mix, I would have definitely taken it, under JH we have gone from struggling in this division when he took over to the excitement of the end of last season, this season in my eyes the progression is there for all to see, the forum has gone crazy this season with people excited about what's going on ! Enough said, that isn't to say we shouldn't discuss this, that and the other of course not, but I am sure JH knows the areas he thinks needs strengthening and I am sure if something falls through he will be as frustrated as us, but I am sure it's not for the want of trying that sometimes things don't work out !

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 12 Nov 2013, 07:43

Agree Penny suspension has not helped however, Brady was known as out all season weeks back and Winsper out for a number of weeks. JMG got clattered at Rainworth only 1 week ago and it is apparent McKenzie and Christie can't do 90 mins every game week after week. Also we have forgotten Lait.

Just disappointing as a fan to travel away and not see 4 options on the bench the last two weeks Rainworth and Newcastle. Only 4 as accept we have a keeper which is not a game changer.

Lets hope Lait and JMG get fit soon and McKenzie is back Saturday.

How many more games does Penny have to miss?
Any news on Lait's recovery?
When do we think JMG will be back?

Selfie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Selfie » 12 Nov 2013, 13:08

KenR wrote:Selfie nobody is moaning about he new keepers performances, far from it but you seem to miss the point that with two keepers already here and as has just been pointed out they all make mistakes. But if any goalie makes a mistake it usually ends in a goal. To pull that back you need midfielders who can either create or score goals or forwards who are regular scorers. This should have been PRIORITY not another keeper.
I wasn't 'missing the point' at all.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 12 Nov 2013, 14:15

This thread is boring now and we lost the NT game fair and square and it's gone now… there's another game tonight to concentrate on.

Every keeper we've had this season has made mistakes that has lost us games (although each keeper is very good in their own right) & all JH is trying to do is improving the position that he feels is weak - so to say his priorities are wrong is somewhat a tad naive in my personal opinion.

Yes, the midfield may need to do a bit more and perhaps a temporary striker would have been more desirable (out of JH's hands) but Daz has hit the nail on the head - WE'RE FLIPPING THIRD!!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 12 Nov 2013, 14:50

swipey wrote:This thread is boring now and we lost the NT game fair and square and it's gone now… there's another game tonight to concentrate on.

Every keeper we've had this season has made mistakes that has lost us games (although each keeper is very good in their own right) & all JH is trying to do is improving the position that he feels is weak - so to say his priorities are wrong is somewhat a tad naive in my personal opinion.

Yes, the midfield may need to do a bit more and perhaps a temporary striker would have been more desirable (out of JH's hands) but Daz has hit the nail on the head - WE'RE FLIPPING THIRD!!
As a relative new comer Swipey, if you think this is moaning when we are third then memory reminds me that it is the most depressing forum in the world when we are struggling :D