Newcastle Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Newcastle Updates

Post by Westyeltz » 09 Nov 2013, 20:20

Before Ken R. chips in.....

I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR TODAYS RESULT ;)

Considering not attending again this season in order to improve the teams form.

Will not go to Newcastle ever again - nice people; decent pint; great pie and pays; bl**dy awful football ground :) :) :) :(

O0 ...and a George for luck.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 10 Nov 2013, 01:30

Westy , I really was n't going to say a word but what I need to know is were the "chips in" with your pie and pays because I never had any.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 10 Nov 2013, 09:54

The whole match was poor both sides.

New keeper could be at fault for both goals. He went for and completely missed the first incoming ball and the second could have stayed back on his line to see if the defender could tackle the striker instead of charging out getting no where near the ball.
Not sure he is any better after todays performance than Evans or Pearson. I assume in a former life he was the Tipton Basher (boxer) as he appears not to be capable of catching the ball. Punches too many times giving it back to the opposition.

What I find disappointing (I said this before a ball was kicked) is only having one option to change a game on the bench. By this I mean Waldron (striker) as Pearson (keeper) and Meachan (defender) the only three fit.
Why name two players who were never going to come on McKenzie and Gueyes?
Christie was forced to struggle for 90 mins which we know he can't do well.
Aaron struggled to pass the ball and get a shot on target again.

We did not give ourselves any options. If the management can not get anyone else in give a couple of the youth team a run out.

Before anyone says about Ben H missing, we knew this period was happening (so not a shock because of his injury Tuesday) so the management should have planned for this. Also I know he is brilliant but we should not depend on one player.

When we got one back (not offside from where we were) we should not have gifted them a lead 3 mins later.

We need to learn from this.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 10 Nov 2013, 11:22

I think keepers' mistakes are highlighted too much; Sargeant did pull off a good save or two, if a little showey - but we know he's like that anyway. Yes, both goals were his fault but our midfield (which is arguably the best I've seen in my short time watching The Yeltz) created NOTHING, despite all the hard work from Tonks.

We can't blame JH either as his deal for a striker fell through last week and he would not be so naive as to not prepare for the absence of Ben.

Just a bad day at the office and if anything, due to our league form, we didn't show them any respect and NT were the better team.
Fortunately results were kind to us yesterday so onwards and upwards.

Bloody lovely pie & chips too!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Nov 2013, 13:04

Leek losing is great news. Win on Saturday and all will be well again :)

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 10 Nov 2013, 19:43

JohnC wrote: Not sure he is any better after todays performance than Evans or Pearson. I assume in a former life he was the Tipton Basher (boxer) as he appears not to be capable of catching the ball. Punches too many times .
Are we to assume you mean William Perry, The Tipton Slasher? British Heavyweight champion, long before my time I'm afraid.

But Big Rog or Lutley might remember him ;)

O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Nov 2013, 08:47

William Perry was the "Tipton Slasher!"
I well remember going to his early fights.
He was also renowned for jumping over canals - mind you, in those days he could have probably walked over on the detritus thrown in by the good folk of Tipton!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwcAokS360

gemma
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gemma » 11 Nov 2013, 08:48

JohnC wrote:The whole match was poor both sides.

New keeper could be at fault for both goals. He went for and completely missed the first incoming ball and the second could have stayed back on his line to see if the defender could tackle the striker instead of charging out getting no where near the ball.
Think he was at fault for the first goal. Seemed to wait for the ball instead of coming to catch it, which allowed the forward to get in and score. Not sure he was to blame for the second though. Thought Green could have dealt with it better, but just seemed to be a bit of a mix up. I guess the keeper only signed last Tuesday so has been at the club less than a week. Will have only had one training session with the team so probably explains the odd mix up. Thought he played well in the first game and made some good saves on Saturday - good reflex save in first half and a top class tip over in the second. Looking on the Worcester forum their fans seem to have rated him highly. http://citybanterboard.proboards.com/th ... t-sargeant
Don't think he has played though since August so think we need to give him half a dozen games to settle and get match fit. For me the problem at Newcastle was we just never looked like scoring. Did not create anything and looked slow up front. When Newcastle attacked they always had 2 or 3 players breaking from midfield whereas we seemed static going forward. Still, two winable games next up so lets bounce back with a win on Tuesday and 3 points come Saturday.
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
We don't care.

We are Yeltzmen,
Super Yeltzmen,
We are Yeltzmen
From The Grove.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 11 Nov 2013, 09:29

Personally I rated Pearson! I know he made a mistake -v- Goole but generally this season, when I've seen him he looked comfortable and decent enough.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 11 Nov 2013, 11:11

I think that we went for a no goal draw, judging by the format of the side, and if we nicked a goal that would be a bonus. The disappointing thing for me , and I said this after the debacle at Leek, was that we had nobody on the bench who could give us an option and change our system. Surely with two more than adequate goalies already on board, the priority was to sign either a creative midfielder or a goalscorer and not another keeper.