Kidsgrove Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kidsgrove Updates

Post by andy » 06 Nov 2013, 08:22

Great result, not bad first half but poor after Ben went off. We are going to miss him big time. I hope the damage to his face clears up for his wedding and wish him and future Mrs Haseley a great day and happy life together.

gemma
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gemma » 06 Nov 2013, 08:40

Impressed with both the new players. Thought the keeper made a great save at 0-0. Don't know how he managed to keep the ball out. And he dominated the area very well. Think the 'time wasting' in the first half was more to give our lads a breather. Kidsgrove had been pushing us back a bit and it just slowed them down a little. Spot on I would say. The forward looked good to and out in a lot of work.
Not a great game but three important points.
Hope Ben is ok. Will be some interesting wedding photos!
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
We don't care.

We are Yeltzmen,
Super Yeltzmen,
We are Yeltzmen
From The Grove.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 06 Nov 2013, 09:32

I think writing last night off as 'we won by default due to poor opposition' is very harsh.

I know Kidsgrove are bottom and yes, I accept they did look poor. But I thought we played ok.

Again, granted it wasn't the best we've played this year but at the same time we worked very hard off the ball to stifle Kidsgrove when they were in possession.

Apart from one save our new Keeper had nothing to do. That's testament to how hard our front two work - defence starts up front, it's testament to how hard Turner, McKenzie, Martin and Tonks worked in midfield. The energy those four displayed was brilliant IMO.

On another night it could have been 5 or 6. Especially from the chances in the first half. A couple of set pieces should have resulted in goals.

So yeah, each to their own but I think the above post putting our win down to who we played is rather harsh!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 06 Nov 2013, 11:09

RaidenYeltz wrote:I think writing last night off as 'we won by default due to poor opposition' is very harsh.
Not really. In fact, I'd say that all five home games in the league that I've been to (Romulus, Brigg, MDT, Gresley and Kidsgrove) the opposition have been very poor. They haven't even come with a game plan to try and beat or frustrate us (or at least not an evident one). But, with the exception of the Gresley second half, we've laboured to victory.

Whilst you might think I'm moaning, I'm actually quite pleased about the situation as it goes to show how much better in quality we are than the majority of other teams in this league, and of course the results are of the highest importance. But we'll definitely need to sharpen up against the few top teams in this league. Check out our goal difference in comparison to Leek and Coalville and I think you'll see what I mean.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 06 Nov 2013, 20:42

piearce9 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:I think writing last night off as 'we won by default due to poor opposition' is very harsh.
Not really. In fact, I'd say that all five home games in the league that I've been to (Romulus, Brigg, MDT, Gresley and Kidsgrove) the opposition have been very poor. They haven't even come with a game plan to try and beat or frustrate us (or at least not an evident one). But, with the exception of the Gresley second half, we've laboured to victory.

Whilst you might think I'm moaning, I'm actually quite pleased about the situation as it goes to show how much better in quality we are than the majority of other teams in this league, and of course the results are of the highest importance. But we'll definitely need to sharpen up against the few top teams in this league. Check out our goal difference in comparison to Leek and Coalville and I think you'll see what I mean.
Just a thought...maybe they've looked very poor because we made them look very poor. Romulus in particular where top of the league when they came here and although the scoreline was a narrow win we absolutely battered them.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 07 Nov 2013, 08:11

We are not responsible for what is put before us only our team.

The team have played well in the majority of games and I would not expect all games to be one sided (although some this season appear to be) and I put that down to the hard work of all our team and the managements tatics.

I can remember a team managed by Sir Alex Ferguson who have played poorly (not just this season under Moyes) and won 1 -0 with a goal in 80th odd minute and won the league. Those players cost and sold for lots of money and paid a forturne.

WELL done to our team for ALL their hard work this season. Keep it up.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 07 Nov 2013, 13:09

JohnC wrote:We are not responsible for what is put before us only our team.

The team have played well in the majority of games and I would not expect all games to be one sided (although some this season appear to be) and I put that down to the hard work of all our team and the managements tatics.

I can remember a team managed by Sir Alex Ferguson who have played poorly (not just this season under Moyes) and won 1 -0 with a goal in 80th odd minute and won the league. Those players cost and sold for lots of money and paid a forturne.

WELL done to our team for ALL their hard work this season. Keep it up.
Brilliant, people take heed.
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 07 Nov 2013, 13:45

I was first to state we make teams look poor! I want praise too! *needy face*