Re: Kidsgrove Updates

Post by juanillo » 05 Nov 2013, 22:01

Up to 3rd now. Pity Leek won.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Nov 2013, 22:09

Tom Tonks definitely man of the match.

Thought Martin did the dirty work fantastic. Doesn't get enough credit for me.

New lad up top had a great game runs the channels well. Once he gets up to pace with his team mates and visversa he'll be a good addition.

All in all a good night. Could have been 5 or 6 IMO on a better night.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Nov 2013, 22:28

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Nov 2013, 22:45

Pleased with the win, but not a great performance at all. Standing on the half-way line for the first half, the communication between our players was all over the place. One player would shout one thing, the other would do the opposite. Once again, I think we've won by way of the opposition's overwhelming crapness rather than our own performance.

And whilst I'm moaning, what's with the new keeper's theatrics? Flopping on the ball for 5 seconds after a routine catch, and time wasting in the first half? Can someone tell him to cut that out please :-\

On a slight aside, Hemel won 9-1 on the weekend in the Trophy and, would you believe it, they managed to better that tonight by dispatching Bashley 10-0 in the league, under the tutelage of our old friend Dean Brennan.

And staying on the subject of black eyes, I'd like to wish Ben all the best for the weekend. 8)

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 05 Nov 2013, 23:08

A reasonable all round performance from our lads tonight.

Referee how you can book a player for one foul and then take no action for a similar foul and not book and send off is beyond me. Tatoos on your arms ref you bottled it.

New players all did well. Tonks scored a great goal and their keeper saved a cracking shot from him in the first half.

"can we play you every week" oh we are next week but unfortunately it is away in their dim lighted stadium with over grown pitch. I suggest we confuse them and give our youth team a run out there.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Nov 2013, 23:33

I thought we pretty much controlled the game from start to finish to be honest and they never really looked like scoring apart from the one header that their rotund number 9 headed back across goal.
I thought the new keeper (Sargeant) looked great to be honest. He collected crosses with confidence and showed good technique and punched well when required. I thought his decision making was excellent as demonstrated by the ridiculous back pass Brendan gave him in the first half. as for theatrics, I'll put that down to the coaching he has received previously. Keepers are often taught/instructed to do that as it shows he is protecting the ball and can't have it taken off him or knocked out of his hands.
The new fella upfront looked excellent too. Great vision and good technique on the ground. He reminded me a great deal of Christie. He showed the same attributes in possession of the ball only he had more mobility around the pitch. Another great signing by the gaffer.
As for the regulars, I thought Tonksy again was excellent, his strike for the winner was brilliant and what many might not have noted was he ran getting on for 50 yards to get to the pass from wide. I agree about Matt Martin too who was brilliant again at the unseen work. The back four on the whole were solid enough although I'm a little confused as to why right footed Tilt plays on the left of the central defenders and left footed Hull on the right. It seems to work though so who am I to question it?
It was also nice to see a young youth player involved so well done to Waldron for his bright performance.
Finally, a great strike by Ben for the first goal, I hope his injury isn't too bad and he has a great wedding and honeymoon.
Well done lads, another solid performance!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ