Wolves BSC

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Wolves BSC

Post by RobYeltz » 30 Oct 2013, 00:12

I really enjoyed tonight, despite the best efforts of yet another referee who seemed to think the rules only applied to one team. Curtis' challenge (and booking) was purely made out of frustration from the fact that ten seconds earlier Matt Martin almost had his head kicked off without recrimination.
Before the game started I expected them to be the better and fitter side in the last 20 minutes or so due to the fact our lads go to work all day and they only have to play football, this wasn't the case though as I thought we finished stronger. It was clear to see that they were all comfortable in possession but our more direct football rattled them a little and I thought they lowered themselves to our level for a long spell of the game making it a very even game, if not us edging it.
That said, I think Tonksy's goal was superb. Some brilliant wing play by JMG who created a sublime cross for Tonksy who headed past the keeper to score past his boyhood team (This goal cost me a pint in the bar afterwards due to a bet via twitter). I was chuffed for Tom if I'm honest, his performances this season have deserved a goal or two so to score against his team was just reward for his seasons efforts.
I think Ben's substitution was a key factor in the game, as, in all honesty we rarely looked looked scoring afterwards. However, with him missing a few games and Penny being suspended it was important I guess to rest/protect Christie. So I can understand the gaffers thinking. Maybe he might be bringing in a new striker to help us out a little?
I think all in all we should look at our team tonight and take many positives, I thought that some players who needed minutes on the pitch got them, and for a good proportion of the game we more than matched our opponents despite once again an abysmal referee doing his best to help the opposition.
A win on Saturday now please fellas!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 30 Oct 2013, 09:10

Their keeper should have gone in the first ten mins...handled the ball outside the area. Ref was awful all night, but can't blame that for the loss. Gulf in class between us and their kids is scary really. Our lads worked their tits off so cannot fault them what so ever.

Tom Tonks for me, was man of the match. Gueyes, again, impressed me. Keep saying it but I rate him highly.

Like above, I was impressed with our fitness levels. Considering this team, more or less the same XI every game, have played Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday consistently for a long period now AND work full time, I find it incredible to match a professional (if not young team) for a good portion of the match. Unfortunately the hectic schedule and extra time took its toll. Shame really, I fancied a trip to Stourbr*dge!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 30 Oct 2013, 13:26

I'd forgotten about the keeper early on. Absolutely right. The ref bottled it.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 31 Oct 2013, 07:25

Well done again to ALL our players on Tuesday night you put on a good display against the prema donna's.

Fantastic goal from Tonksy well deserved and from a header.

Shame the gold and black professionals had been to drama school. When they went down rolling all over the place. Their keeper took the banter in good part about being Joe Hart. Funny to see their no 3 do a miss throw in minutes into the game and then kick the ball away.

Can someone tell me why refs keep talking to players (in particular those in gold and black) surely show a yellow card and that should stop some of the future happenings in a game as players will know you won't stand for it. Tonks I heard was booked because he asked the referee if he was going to book the Wolves player this was after they had got away with so many issues without a booking.

I think officials invite criticism at times.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Oct 2013, 08:04

With regards the primadona comments one incident says it all.

Second half, Ben and one of their player clashed heads, I think, anyway...Ben got right back up rubbing is head while their little pansy rolled on the floor asking for the physio.