Leek

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leek

Post by lutleyyeltz » 23 Oct 2013, 10:28

The bare stats show that we have lost our last three games. Of these, two were in cup games in one of which we conceded in the last minute away from home, and in the other we faced a higher level side. The third game was, once again, away against an unbeaten top of the league side, so it doesn't look as bad as it would at first appear.

We will bounce back!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 23 Oct 2013, 11:16

Three out the last four ;)

http://ht-fc.com/matchday-a-news/haleso ... sults.html

Marske with a massive budget....

St Neots, higher level team who signed 6 players midweek....

Leek, unbeaten in the Leek with a budget twice the size of ours....

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 23 Oct 2013, 12:12

Anyone panicking, see the 5-0 dumbing of Gresely.

As above just a tough set of games. Marske, should have at least had a draw but for poor officials.

St Neots, wasn't there but we had a our chances, league above too.

Last night, again wasn't there, but they're top and unbeaten for a reason.

Gutted for the lads more than anything, hope they don't take these 3 defeats to heart. Sure they'll bounce back starting Saturday against Goole.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 23 Oct 2013, 13:33

lutleyyeltz wrote:The bare stats show that we have lost our last three games. !
As pointed out 3 of 4 week yesterday we out classed Gresley.

Was the reporter on the offical site a Yeltz Fan or Leek Fan seems a bit biased to Leek?

Waited until today to calm down and try and be balanced on my views.

Last night the grass was long combine harvester booked to cut and wet but same for both.
First 20 minutes except for a couple of right wing spurts by Leek comfortably dealt with we were in control.
It was there captain number 6 who took Tonks legs and body out and the ref just gave a talking to and waving of the arms when he should have been booked.
Then they scored a good goal from the pase of the right hand side,
JMG on the right for us broke down most attempts coming forward.
Ben had no one as Christie not here and 4 5 1 formation to help him against two big centre backs.
Once Leek scored we seemed to capitulate and perhaps should have made a change then.
Second goal a free kick \ pass which Evo looked no where near getting to but it was close.
Third goal report says nicked of Evo, sorry he did not clear and passed to their striker.
I would say however, that Evo pulled off several other saves to stop it being a higher defeat.
Not sure if Martin was injured but I would have taken JMG off, I would have preferred to started with Penny than JMG on recent form.
The ref who had nice little chats with their bench during the game and linesman got it wrong with Penny sending off. He got the ball and because their theatrical defender rolled around and the sound of two players feet hiiting the ball at the same time they send Penny off.

The Leek keeper had nothing to do all night except ask us what other scores were.

Shame more of our fans did not go over at the end and offer our team any encoragement.

Only 4 on our bench only 1 to really effect going forward not good enough if we have aspirations of playoffs this year.

Last year we had a bad run from Oct 2nd to and including November 3rd hope this is not repeated.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 23 Oct 2013, 13:46

yeltz85 wrote:Marske with a massive budget....

St Neots, higher level team who signed 6 players midweek....

Leek, unbeaten in the Leek with a budget twice the size of ours....
Agree about Leek, but not so sure about bigging up Markse and St Neots.

Markse have lost both matches since the Cup game (though you could argue they may be distracted by their FA cup venture) ; St Neots have won 1 league game in 8 and only 3 of their signings started at the weekend and are probably still bedding in.

Still, the key will be to maintain a position in the play-off places by the end of the year and that should be achievable.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 23 Oct 2013, 13:50

JohnC wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:The bare stats show that we have lost our last three games. !
As pointed out 3 of 4 week yesterday we out classed Gresley.

Was the reporter on the offical site a Yeltz Fan or Leek Fan seems a bit biased to Leek?

Waited until today to calm down and try and be balanced on my views.

Last night the grass was long combine harvester booked to cut and wet but same for both.
First 20 minutes except for a couple of right wing spurts by Leek comfortably dealt with we were in control.
It was there captain number 6 who took Tonks legs and body out and the ref just gave a talking to and waving of the arms when he should have been booked.
Then they scored a good goal from the pase of the right hand side,
JMG on the right for us broke down most attempts coming forward.
Ben had no one as Christie not here and 4 5 1 formation to help him against two big centre backs.
Once Leek scored we seemed to capitulate and perhaps should have made a change then.
Second goal a free kick \ pass which Evo looked no where near getting to but it was close.
Third goal report says nicked of Evo, sorry he did not clear and passed to their striker.
I would say however, that Evo pulled off several other saves to stop it being a higher defeat.
Not sure if Martin was injured but I would have taken JMG off, I would have preferred to started with Penny than JMG on recent form.
The ref who had nice little chats with their bench during the game and linesman got it wrong with Penny sending off. He got the ball and because their theatrical defender rolled around and the sound of two players feet hiiting the ball at the same time they send Penny off.

The Leek keeper had nothing to do all night except ask us what other scores were.

Shame more of our fans did not go over at the end and offer our team any encoragement.

Only 4 on our bench only 1 to really effect going forward not good enough if we have aspirations of playoffs this year.

Last year we had a bad run from Oct 2nd to and including November 3rd hope this is not repeated.
We have a new away match reporter at the club, good report in my opinion. Honest.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 23 Oct 2013, 14:28

yeltz85 wrote:
JohnC wrote:Was the reporter on the offical site a Yeltz Fan or Leek Fan seems a bit biased to Leek?
We have a new away match reporter at the club, good report in my opinion. Honest.
Thank you. It was a good report and I don't envy someone making notes, times, names etc. whilst trying to enjoy the game. Just unfortunate there was not a lot of good to write about us last night.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 23 Oct 2013, 14:32

Another quick point. That defeat (to Leek) last night was our first league defeat since August 24th, a run of 6 wins and 1 draw............

Thankfully I'm sure the management team know what they're doing and won't panic like some on here...........

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Oct 2013, 21:01

LTFC wrote:Leek fan in peace, was at the game and was expecting a close-fought encounter with few chances for either side.

Being honest, I thought Halesowen were all over the place at the back, and couldn't cope with Leek's No.11 on the wing, John Johnston. That's been the case in a lot of our games though tbf.

The sending off was very harsh, as the ref had let one or two go before that, not even giving a Leek player a yellow in the first half for a challenge that could've just even edged into red territory with a different ref.

The surface was slick, and the grass was very long. I'm not sure whether this was intentional, but both teams seemed to have difficulty moving the greasy ball about in the early stages, with the excepting of the right-side of the Leek attack, which dominated.

Haseley was anonymous throughout, but was isolated for me. He didn't look anything like a 40-goal man, but neither would anyone if they were plonked on their own up front with the midfield not putting their foot on the ball.

Other than the calamity defending for Leek's third, I have to say that all of the goals on the night were excellent strikes. I'm certainly making a case for Matt Bell's free-kick lob over the keeper as being intentional - everyone was looking for the whipped-in ball coming into the goal, and not the out-swinger.

Disappointed with the away fan numbers, but not sure how many were sheltering in different parts of the ground. Looked to be only half a dozen behind the goal. But on a rainy Tuesday night in a town with no train station, and Champs League on the telly, I can't blame folk for not making the journey.

All in all, the Yeltz didn't bring anything to the table tonight, and couldn't deal with Leek's pass-and-move slick stuff. Sam Hall sitting in front of the back four for the home side was excellent, as was John Johnston on the right wing.

Good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully you can find your league form again straightaway, and this was just a hangover from a couple of knocks in the cup.
I wasn't at the game so can't agree or disagree with any points you make, it seems a very well balanced account of the game however. I think the away fan numbers you mentioned was probably as much to do with it being an evening game. I desperately wanted to go, and had it been a Saturday game I would have been. The public transport on an evening was also nonexistent. Thanks for the write up.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 23 Oct 2013, 21:20

Yeah great report J.C I will definitely calm down and wait before posting anything after a match in future ! ;)