St Neots Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: St Neots Town Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Oct 2013, 11:11

Good post Noggin...however you missed an important factor.

When you tire physically, it's harder to mentally concentrate. When you're 'knackered' and when you've put in 100% it's so hard to concentrate on the little things, like tracking runners, trapping the ball, playing an accurate pass.

I'd suggest players (not only non league but professionally) tire mentally much more than they do physically. It really is so much more demanding than running continuously such as road running, which requires basically zero mental strength and concentration.

I have the up-most respect for non-league players and especially the current group we have here. To work full time as well as play twice a week plus training AS WELL AS give their all whilst doing so speaks absolute volumes to them, their attitude and their professionalism.

I for one will refuse to criticise their quality, moan at bad performances so long as they continue to put the effort in.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 21 Oct 2013, 12:26

I am well aware that the physical demands are different for different sports. I was simply responding to the comment about my physical prowess which I felt was irrelevant. As somebody who also runs a lot of sprint reps I do know what it feels like to stop and start. But again, I'm not in any way saying that is the same as playing football. My point is that I think it is something that could be improved and I am entitled to my opinion. After all, this is an forum where opinions are expressed.

I am not saying in any way that I don't admire non league players. They evidently play for the love of the game and I'm not expecting to see professional levels of fitness etc. If I didn't admire them I wouldn't bother paying to go and watch them, and I enjoy watching them play and supporting the Yeltz. But all I was saying originally is that I thought that was one thing that needed improvement and that I would make a couple of adjustments to the line up. It's not me sitting here slagging the players off, I just feel we look a better side with Lait and Gueyes in the team and I am well aware as well that Tonks can't be dropped because that would be stupid. But that doesn't mean things couldn't be worked on

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 21 Oct 2013, 12:59

Good points, Raiden & Yelt27.

Raiden - I totally agree with your point about concentration levels. There are other components too such as fine motor control which deteriorate with control but I did not want to write an essay, nor to appear too much of a smarty-pants

Yeltz27 - No intent on my part to start a squabble. I am sure that our coaching team are aware of the potential ways of improving conditioning.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 21 Oct 2013, 13:19

St Neots away to Matlock in next round

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 21 Oct 2013, 16:40

dazzlingdazza wrote:The form we are in LLL I agree lets try and organise a game for November 2nd, but when is it Bens wedding because if he is not available then leave it blank and that's no disrespect to the rest of the squad.
Rainworth away now on the 2nd

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 22 Oct 2013, 07:27

Firstly WELL DONE to ALL even thou the final result did not go our way.

I am just glad that we have a Squad with some decent options on the bench.

As to people lasting 90 minutes. Put your all in for as long as you can lads and surely that is why we have 3 subs allowed.

I think Christie struggled more than usual against the pace and players of both Marske and St Neots and maybe starting with him was the wrong thing to do. I am not saying he is not skilful and he does try his best but as we can all see he has to conserve energy for bursts of runs. This means at times we are not playing with 11 players. Ben H has shown he tracks backs chases the ball when he or someone else has lost.

WELL DONE to our lads as they have done better than for many years in both FA Cups.
Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Believe Ben H gets married Sat 9th Nov.