St Neots Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: St Neots Town Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Oct 2013, 15:30

There is always a tendency to expect players at this level to match the high physical output attained by professional sportsmen, in their various fields.
However, these lads work or study full-time and cannot be expected to have the similar energy levels, week in and week out.

We have the best group of players in a long time, who are willing to work their socks of for HTFC, and the fans. Please cut them a bit of slack and keep the expectation level realistic.

Only my opinion, of course. ::)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 20 Oct 2013, 16:05

lutleyyeltz wrote:Maybe you should have a chat with Messrs.Tonks and Martin who might put you to the test as to your physical prowess!
Here we go again! The players have got to accept that people are going to come on here and talk about their performances, they're footballers after all. So there's no point in rolling out the old "could you do any better?" or "would you say it to their faces?" remarks. Everyone's got (different) opinions on which team should play, and so they might reasonably do, as we've got real strength in depth in the squad at the mo.

Plus, everyone loves this bunch of players deep down- I'm sure we'll have a whip round at the end of the season to buy them a bottle of Cava or a nice bunch of flowers to show them there's no hard feelings by anything said on here.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 20 Oct 2013, 18:49

I couldn't make the game yesterday or will be at next Saturdays game as it's my other halfs birthday, I will be at Leek Tuesday.

In my opinion we have a squad full of honest, hard working lads, who will give their all every game, this is all I ask for as a supporter of this football club. They are human they will make mistakes or miss easy chances, even lose their heads once in a while. While that commitment is there I would never ever slate any of them, that's the difference I feel, a lot of premier league players (not all) are hungry enough, put in half hearted performances and pick up their huge salaries, that is where I felt cheated when I went to see United sometimes, last week at Marske I was absolutely gutted but so proud of how the lads battled. I for one am delighted with how things are going this season, we have nothing to fear and I feel if we keep playing the way we are every week, we will be there or there abouts come the final sprint ! Guys lets get behind them and welcome the exciting times, it is going to happen ! Come on lads keep doing what your doing, you are doing us proud !

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 20 Oct 2013, 20:37

dazzlingdazza spot on. I agree with every word with that.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Oct 2013, 21:00

I love this forum, but I think at times we can all be a little over analytical of people's comments, particularly with regard to players performances. I think we can all agree that the gaffer, coaches and players are giving everything to move us forwards and we are moving forwards. Sometimes, we just have to accept that we've been beaten by a better side. As Daz mentioned, as long as the lads have given their all, we can expect no more. Players at this level will make mistakes, and we have to accept that. If they didn't, they'd be playing a higher standard. Once again, it was nice to see a good number of people stay behind to applaud the players off the pitch at the end of the game.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Oct 2013, 22:13

I never actually said that the players don't give their all. I couldn't question their commitment and on the whole I agree we do have a good squad. I was merely saying that I thought there were a couple of things that could be improved and that I would like to see a couple of changes to the line up. Providing we can get through the November period when Ben will be away, there is no reason to suggest we won't make a strong push for promotion.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 20 Oct 2013, 22:39

Our run-in to season end starts to look daunting, 6 out of last 16 matches are at home with only Belper at home to rearrange. Not at home at all in February. After Saturday's result Nov 2nd is blank, perhaps a fixture will be rearranged.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 20 Oct 2013, 22:52

The form we are in LLL I agree lets try and organise a game for November 2nd, but when is it Bens wedding because if he is not available then leave it blank and that's no disrespect to the rest of the squad.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 20 Oct 2013, 22:58

I think Nov 9 is the first match, would have been FA Cup Round 1, if not Kidsgrove League Cup Nov 5. Not sure though.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 21 Oct 2013, 10:23

Yeltz27 wrote: I am obviously more than aware that they are far better footballers than me, but as somebody who runs 60/70 miles a week I might well be able to match them from a stamina point of view. When Tonks is energetic in the first half of course he is great, but he needs to keep it up for 90 mins
Whilst agreeing that Mr Tonks cannot always sustain the some workrate for the full 90 minutes, I think you are mistaken to say that the type of endurance required to run long distances is the same type of stamina needed to play football. The intra cellular chemistry is much different.

Distance running is repetitive firing of muscles to a pretty well consistent pattern at an intensity where latacte buffering is not needed, whereas the direction changes and power surges in football require entirely different energy systems. I don't know of any comparative studies, or even of studies purely on football players, but I strongly suspect that a ball-carrying midfield player will be operating at close to OBLA for most of the time they are either in possession or chasing possession which will be physically beyond most distance runners and would severely test a large proportion of md (800/1500) runners. A distance runner will recover from each short intense bursts required in football quicker than the footballer, but will not be able to make as many bursts before fatigue sets in.