Gresley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gresley Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 16 Oct 2013, 15:01

yeltz85 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:Great win by the way last night...no disrespect to Kelly, but Tilt makes a big difference to us in defence IMO. When he plays we look so calm at the back and don't look like conceding.

Defensively we're sound, two very good full backs, IMO a class cb in Tilt along with several good options as well as two good keepers.

I thought Turner and Martin (again) were outstanding.

Ben getting his usually 2 or more goals. Great win and the perfect way to bounce back from cup injustice. I think Gresely suffered the wounded animal.

Brilliant display. Lying in 4th...2 points clear of 6th with 2 games in hand..2 games in hand over Leek 10 points behind though :( but we play them soon (couple of weeks Tuesday? :s) Being optimistic but we're in a very good position. Still think we can win this league.

Ben will be a big loss but we've got goals in us still.
2nd play 5th tonight also in the league.
Ideally you'd want 2nd to win? I'd rather consolidate the play off positions.

Leek are top, a win for Mickleover Sports would put them on 27...5 points ahead of us but we'd have two games in hand.

I always maintain the league table is irrelevant until the c word period. But at the same time I like to see the Yeltz up there.

Next League game is the Leek game, didn't realise it was that soon. Be nice to beat them, they're due a loss...would put us right back up there.

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 16 Oct 2013, 16:04

Agree with most of the comments and enjoyed the game. Some great passes and individual skill to go with the goals. Some if the criticism of Gresley is a little harsh. I thought they harried and worked really hard in the first half but faded in the second when they simply couldn't match our fitness and commitment. Hope messrs Ford and Hackett were not too impressed, as on current form they could have several targets. Good chance to test levels on Saturday and nice to be consistently looking forward to matches again.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Oct 2013, 16:16

Great performance that showed our 'bouncebackability'.
One thing that really niggles me is a couple of blokes who consistently talk behind me at every game about the opposition...."They'm crap"..."this leagues awful"..."school team could beat this lot"
Gresley were on a bit of a roll last night after a poor start. The feeling in Derbyshire was they had turned a corner and were about to start pulling up the league. First half I thought they did OK, but as with all games I have seen this season our hard work ethic all over the pitch did wear them down eventually.
I do wonder when these blokes are going to realise that the reason all these teams are 'crap' as they put it is that we make them that way !!!
Yes, I've seen better Halesowen teams at a higher level when there was money about, but I challenge anyone to recall a more hard working set of lads than the current team.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 Oct 2013, 18:09

I totally agree re; people describing the team, the league, the opposition and the price of bread et al as crap!
They obviously share the views of "frankowba" regarding the fare served up at The Grove.

There's nowt as queer as folk! ::)

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 16 Oct 2013, 18:28

JohnC wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:
My player run down.

Adam Meacham - His usual 7/10 steady Eddie performance.
Isedyn Christie - At times tonight I thought he showed some real quality, at other times he struggled to play close enough to Ben. He could do with a goal...

Overall - It was vital to win tonight after Saturday and the boys did it with ease. One thing this team doesn't lack is desire, passion and effort. If any team does beat us this season it won't be through lack of effort that is for sure.
I wish you would not keep marking Meacham 7/10 sometimes he must be better or worse and remember they can and do look on here!

Christie obviously does not have the legs anymore for 90 mins and conserves himself. Last night he did it again held the ball up with three players around him turned and put the pass on the boot of another player who can run.

Not sure what management will do when Ben is away on wedding duty I assume play Nigel Penny with Christie which is why he had chance last night. It will be an interesting tatical decision to look out for.

The TEAM \ SQUAD are all trying there best and working hard and majority of time it is working.
Good entertaining football and results to match.
John, my comments about Adam Meacham's performances are not meant as a criticism. You know with Meach every week he'll be solid, you know every week he'll not put a foot wrong. I'll go as far as to say I haven't seen a better LB in this league this season. We haven't had many games this year where Meach has had the opportunity to really shine as, as a left back his job primarily is to defend and winning games like we did last night players like Ben, Macca and Jinna who are more involved in the game will naturally stand out more. As for players reading this forum and my comments that is fine, I'm happy to say to their faces what I say on here.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 Oct 2013, 18:51

Without wishing to be sycophantic, I have watched the last three home games alongside AVFCYeltz and I am amazed at his ability to see the game in a very detailed way.
I watch the play and form an opinion as to how the game is progressing as a whole, but our regular match analyst has a very observant football brain.
I enjoy his in-play match comments and long may he continue to post his opinions of games on this forum.
Footie is a game of opinion after all!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 16 Oct 2013, 20:28

RaidenYeltz wrote:
I think Christie is a good player, good foil for Haseley...I thought he (Christie) played well last night. Maybe anyone who plays alongside Ben isn't going to look as good as they actually are for obvious reasons.

Christie's hold up play is great and what we need. He had a couple of chances to score, which he maybe should have taken, but generally thought he played well. Unlucky not to score in the first half when the GK tipped his effort over the bar.
This is bang on, couldn't have put it better if I'd have tried.

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 16 Oct 2013, 21:23

I think that the value that Christie brings is evident in the stats. In the 9 games since he joined us Ben has hit 14 goals. He has taken the pressure off Ben with the way he plays and it gives defences something else to worry about as he often looks capable of getting a goal too. Added to this I also think that his and Macca's experience is helping the squad too.

The entire team though is playing their part, everyone is doing well and you can see the confidence in each player. I felt we were a little tentative early on last night but settled once we'd scored. The second half was exhibition stuff and providing we keep doing what we are at the moment, it won't be the last time this season.

Hoping for a decent gate on Saturday with Blues and Albion away and the Villa playing Sunday.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Oct 2013, 12:22

piearce9 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
I think Christie is a good player, good foil for Haseley...I thought he (Christie) played well last night. Maybe anyone who plays alongside Ben isn't going to look as good as they actually are for obvious reasons.

Christie's hold up play is great and what we need. He had a couple of chances to score, which he maybe should have taken, but generally thought he played well. Unlucky not to score in the first half when the GK tipped his effort over the bar.
This is bang on, couldn't have put it better if I'd have tried.
Thank you! :)

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 17 Oct 2013, 17:40

lutleyyeltz wrote:Without wishing to be sycophantic, I have watched the last three home games alongside AVFCYeltz and I am amazed at his ability to see the game in a very detailed way.
I watch the play and form an opinion as to how the game is progressing as a whole, but our regular match analyst has a very observant football brain.
I enjoy his in-play match comments and long may he continue to post his opinions of games on this forum.
Footie is a game of opinion after all!
Even my rants at the referee? Thanks for the kind words, I guess I see the game as a fan and as a coach which is probably the reason for my in game comments.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ