Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Brocton Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 14 Sep 2013, 16:50

Full Time: Halesowen 2 - Brocton 1

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Sep 2013, 19:04

Fully deserved again. I don't care what league Brocton are in, they were a good side. Bens goal and flick on for the well taken second were sublime. Many notable performances within the Yeltz ranks were needed to see off a confident side with a 100% record so far this season. Well done lads. Bring on.......
well anybody really ;D

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 14 Sep 2013, 19:17

Was fully deserved. Looked good at the back again, when we made it 2-0 thought game over, had a few chances to make it 3, they got a really good goal and are a decent side, pass the ball well, their number 7 made several mazy runs and looked dangerous. Overall job done and still think we will get better, love the cross field balls to feet and the long balls behind the full backs for Ben to outpace the centre half which was the start for Bens goal. Well done Boys, gutted cant go to Kidsgrove Tuesday but will be frantically waiting for updates ! Loving this season so far and hope it goes from strength to strength.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Sep 2013, 20:24

Agree about Brocton, they were a good side who were very well organised. Credit to our boys that we never really looked like losing the game and their only real threat being their big No7's runs that were problematic. In the first half their number 10 had lots of time to be their spare man in their 4-5-1 formation. When they reverted to 4-4-2 he was less effective.
Anyway, onto our boys...
Sam Pearson - Did well with what he had to do, not sure if he was unsighted for their goal or not but I thought he looked confident, handled well and his starting position when coming off his line was good throughout the game.
Kristian Green - Their 4-5-1 formation prevented him getting forward so much in the first half, but again he looked assured throughout. Very quick, mobile and strong.
Aaron Griffiths - Another solid performance from Az. I thought he did well up against their best player, was unlucky not to score when their keeper saved with a few minutes left.
Neil MacKenzie -Excellent the other night against Romulus, and I thought his form carried on today. He had to be on top form today against a good Brocton midfield and he was.
Dan Parker - Nice to see Dan back in the side. He never looked stretched to be honest.Everything he had to do he did.
Brendan Kelly - I thought he was our busiest defender today, and lead by example. I thought today was his best performance of the season.
Matt Martin - Struggled against their 3 central midfielders I thought at times but his endeavour couldn't be faulted once again.
Tom Tonks - Tonksy would be my first name on the team sheet every week. Great effort, desire and passion from Tom once again. There is more to his game than that of course and his runs forward and backward proved some great links between front and back.
Isedyn Christie - A really well taken goal, him and Ben seem to have clicked straight away and have a real understanding of each other. This guy is creating space for Ben, and taking away some of the responsibility. His signing could be a master stroke.
Ben Haseley - Even if he hadn't scored that great solo effort, I thought he was outstanding. Nobody can ever question his effort but just recently he hasn't had the rub of the green. Today he got that little bit of luck. The joy on his face when Christie scored from his pass was brilliant to see.
Elliot Turner -A quiet game today from Elliot, but his set piece delivery was brilliant. A very different type of wide player to Tom on the other side of the pitch and I think if we can use him better we will get better.

Subs:
Adam Meacham - Always a 7/10 performer and came on today to tighten up the left side.
Chris Lait - Didn't really have much time to do anything, but did all that was required.
Nigel Penney - Even less time to make an impact.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 15 Sep 2013, 09:16

dazzlingdazza wrote:, gutted cant go to Kidsgrove Tuesday but will be frantically waiting for updates !
Dazz next match is Brigg Home next Saturday - Kidsgrove is the Tuesday after.

As it has already been said a well deserved win. Fair play to Brocton who came to play football not our players (as Black Country Rangers did) and their keeper would have been their man of the match pulled off some good saves. Bet he has never seen so much action.

WELL DONE ALL again. Christie I thought looked knackered from the kick off as if he had not recovered from Tuesday night. He did seem to be short of energy or was he conserving it. Brilliant ball by Ben and Christie took it ran and shot with only one obvious result in the back of the net.

It is not just the winning. We have (when all fit) a good squad of players.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 15 Sep 2013, 15:19

I misconstrued Christie as lazy but the two Johns have set me right - johnC that he was knackered and Johnnybud that he's 36 and scored two on two! Nonetheless he impressed me immensely and his link-up play with Ben is going to make a very exciting season.

The team are now starting to gel game by game, you can see it.

Flat atmosphere today, don't know why.
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 15 Sep 2013, 17:41

think the atmoshere was because of tension, supporters and players, it was one we should have won but so was last seasons..fa cup means a lot after the last 7 years and you could tell! it did pick up when we went 2:0 up but their goal killed it again..the win was the main thing..it`ll get better when we `believe` more, we`ve had years of knock-backs, and are still expecting them to happen again, it`ll take a while to actually realise john`s team arent going to cave in/blow it/etc.. as we`ve seen in the past..so that winning will be `the norm` and the occasional disappointing result will be just that..disappointing but occasional! (its already like that anyway..isnt it?)

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 15 Sep 2013, 21:06

JohnC wrote:
dazzlingdazza wrote:, gutted cant go to Kidsgrove Tuesday but will be frantically waiting for updates !
Dazz next match is Brigg Home next Saturday - Kidsgrove is the Tuesday after.

Thanks John C don't know why I though it was this Tuesday ! I have no excuse now not to be there if the Missus is out of work on time I should just about make it ! Don't mind admitting I just don't want to miss a game !

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 16 Sep 2013, 09:20

I thought that just like we didn't let Romulus play on Tuesday, they didn't let us play as fluidly as we wanted to either. A good side who could easily compete in our division. As has been mentioned there no. 7 & 14 kept us busy all afternoon and were excellent. Yes, always slightly tense and an enjoyable cup tie. A real bonus was the return of 'proper Bovril' at half time. Must be the start of Autumn /Winter.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 16 Sep 2013, 09:54

Proper Bovril at Half Time! I recommend the faggots and peas that have been introduced also along with the 'new' pies.

Just one more step in the right direction the football club is taking..... :D