Romulus Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Romulus Updates

Post by gingeryeltz » 11 Sep 2013, 07:38

AVFCYELTZ - a good assessment of the game which we won fairly easily against a poor Romulus side.
I like the review by player in your post match report - maybe you could make it a regular item?

Not a bad crowd of 262 being mid-week and with the England game being on TV.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 11 Sep 2013, 09:54

Really enjoyed last night, really enjoying my first season as a Yeltz regular. Here's a few of my thoughts from last night.

That has to be one of the most dominant 1-0 wins you will see. I don't want to be too dis-respectful to Romulus but we'll seldom have such an easy 1-0 win as that. I honestly don't think they had one shot, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong? Like I say I don't want to be too disrespectful, they were top for a reason, must have just been a bad day at the office for them - that's not taking anything away from the job we did last night.

Great goal from Christie, bullet header! He missed a sitter in the lead up to the corner following great work from Ben to set him up. It's almost as if he headed the ball in frustration!

Although I thought we played really well last night I still get the feeling we're not out of second gear. We looked organised and solid in defence, Romulus never looked like scoring. I thought we got the ball down more than previous home games and played some good stuff at times. Just think we need to be a bit more sharp and clinical in front of goal. As well as we played we should have been more than 1 goal to the good going into the last 10 minutes.

On the note of not getting out of second gear, although Ben has started the season well - 4 goals in 7 games ain't bad by any means! To me he doesn't seem as sharp as he could in front of goal, I just get the impression a bang in form Ben would have scored a couple last night. Granted he was unlucky with his effort which hit the post in the first half but I do get the feeling he's not at his best at the moment, which is frightening really! Maybe me that's being a bit harsh and expecting too much of him? I'm sure the regulars will pull me up if I'm wrong. Saying all that I thought he was excellent again yesterday, his general play is brilliant. Good hold up and great movement off the ball. What I really like about him is he always wants the ball, it's all to easy for a forward to hide from the ball.

Overall, an excellent start to the season. 3rd after 6 games, 2 points off the top. Still in the FA Cup and a feeling there's much more to come with a number of good players to come back from injury. Very promising and exciting!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Sep 2013, 10:28

A great all-round team performance.
The big lad, Christie, was a great partner for Ben and he will give us a lot more strength up front.
Curtis Tilt is a gem - calm under pressure and always looked to be finding a pass when he got the ball.
A very one-sided game, but you can do no more than win!

P.S. I have it on good authority that Paul Holleran was there last night. Who would he be interested in to prise away from us?

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 11 Sep 2013, 10:47

Paul was indeed there last night with his Scottish Chairman and was surprised, if not impressed, that Ikechi Anya played for us.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 11 Sep 2013, 12:54

YeltzDoc wrote:I'm sure that my correspondent will give his defence when he gets back to Wolverhampton.
1) What was the score again?
2) They can all stick my update texts up their ar%es
3) I've told you a million times what the 'C' stands for. And I'm right ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Sep 2013, 13:08

Very satisfying performance. Every player worked their socks off and MADE Romulus look average. As for the comments about Ben not been as sharp because he missed a couple, I thought his all round play was as good as I have seen. The link up play between the 2 lads up front looks very promising. Very pleased,well done lads.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Sep 2013, 14:22

HalesowenHarry wrote: 1) What was the score again?
2) They can all stick my update texts up their ar%es
3) I've told you a million times what the 'C' stands for. And I'm right ;)
Wonderful, understated rebuttal, as expected. HH, I salute you.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 11 Sep 2013, 16:38

gingeryeltz wrote:AVFCYELTZ - a good assessment of the game which we won fairly easily against a poor Romulus side.
I like the review by player in your post match report - maybe you could make it a regular item?

Not a bad crowd of 262 being mid-week and with the England game being on TV.
More than happy to do that, I don't go to all the away games but I'm happy to do so on the games I do attend.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 11 Sep 2013, 16:44

On a seperate note last night, I thought the referee had a decent game. The first one we have had in a long time in my opinion. He could have booked a few of our/their players at some point.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Sep 2013, 17:22

It's not often that there is a game without a single booking! :o