Romulus Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Romulus Updates

Post by JohnC » 10 Sep 2013, 21:58

Wow not what I expected to be honest. It was one way yeltz traffic majority of the time.
Not sure who told yeltz doc tight they must have been watching the England match on their I-pad.

Great result, performance and crowd. WELL DONE TO ALL.

Was that Caines I saw knocking on John Hills door begging to come back?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 10 Sep 2013, 22:03

In my defence, my view was obscured by all of Canada, the Atlantic, Ireland, Wales and Telford.
I'm sure that my correspondent will give his defence when he gets back to Wolverhampton.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 10 Sep 2013, 22:04

And he's always miserable.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 10 Sep 2013, 22:11

And, Iyseden Christie? When did that happen?

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 10 Sep 2013, 22:27

Great result tonight, and a good solid performance! Good support from the crowd too. As for Romulus, top of the league? YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH!!!!! ;)

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 10 Sep 2013, 22:29

Excellent team performance, hard to pick a Man of the Match really. unlucky not to turn the superiority into more goals, so when we finally and understandably ran out of steam in the last 10 minutes it got a bit nervous. Once we get the injured players back too, this looks like a squad that can challenge in this League.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 10 Sep 2013, 22:31

YeltzDoc wrote:And, Iyseden Christie? When did that happen?
7.44pm I expect ;)

Could be Mr. Mackenzie played some part?

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 10 Sep 2013, 22:46

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 10 Sep 2013, 22:47

Thought defensively we were solid tonight ! 2 cleans sheets in the last 2 days and in 180 minutes of football have our opponents really had a shot ?? We are playing as a team, we look like a unit and everyone seems up for the cause, if we keep going with win the battle then let the class shine through play offs is a minimum for me.

Christine up front is a great signing, a real power house with a good touch who will provide a good partnership with Ben, always said you need 4 decent strikers in a squad I think we have them now, Nigel Penney when he came on was ratting around not giving them time on the ball, forcing mistakes. Neil Mackenzie was awesome, some of his tackles were excellent, kristian green had a great game, but it was the team performance that won the day. Very happy with how things are going and I think the best is yet to come, well done lads, Johnny hills yeltzmen army !

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 11 Sep 2013, 00:45

A really, really spirited, hard working performance. All but for the last fifteen minutes when it looked like either team could have scored we dominated the game throughout.
Sam Pearson - looked very assured in what he had to do.
Kristian Green - Another very good performance. Good going forward and his defensive positioning and decision making excellent.
Aaron Griffiths - Deserved to keep his place after a good performance at Bedworth on Saturday, and followed this up tonight with a good performance.
Neil McKenzie - Really showed his quality and experience tonight I thought. Calm on the ball, communicated well with his team mates and helped us through the last 10 nervy minutes.
Curtis Tilt - He reminds me of Des Walker, good pace, reads the game well and confident on the ball in possession.
Brendan Kelly - Captain tonight and lead by example.
Matt Martin - I thought Matt was excellent tonight. Without trying to sound rude, he strikes me a bit of being the type who shrinks inside of himself when he makes a mistake but doesn't grow in confidence as quickly when does something good. He gave everything tonight in terms of effort and did all the unseen, ugly things well. He was also tidy on the ball and made some telling contributions in the game.
Tom Tonks - Great desire and attitude again from Tom. Unlucky to have to come off with his knock but I think our midfield is not so good without him. My star performer this season so far.
Isedyn Christie - What a signing! Exactly the type of striker we needed in my opinion, clearly not fit enough to play 90 minutes, but he caused major problems with his strength and use of the ball. Ben will get loads more room playing off this guy.
Ben Haseley - Was unlucky when he hit the post in the first half, and could have done better in the second half. He seems to be struggling a little, but his effort can't be faulted and I'm sure a run of goals is just around the corner.
Elliot Turner - The one slight criticism I have of tonight is we don't use this lads ability enough. He's very good on the ball and makes good runs into space but often the ball doesn't get to him.

Subs:
Adam Meacham - As solid and dependable as ever
Nigel Penney - Ran his goolies off when he came on and didn't give their defenders a second on the ball. Great work ethic.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ