KL Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: KL Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Apr 2013, 17:25

Best performance at home this season.
I was expecting KL to be a lot better than they were today - maybe we just didn't let them play!

Solid defending, an attacking midfield and a strike force that gave KL the runaround. Apart from the first 10 minutes they didn't give us much to worry about.
Tom Warmer was a midfield "generalissimo" and was involved in everything that we did coming forward. Not a weak spot anywhere, a fantastic performance and a great game to be at - except for the bleedin' weather, but who cares, we've beaten the two top teams inside a week!

As regards JohnC's comment re: the attendance, I told him that we would be lucky to get around 280 - I'm pleased that I was hopelessly wrong!

jhazz99
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jhazz99 » 13 Apr 2013, 17:55

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Apr 2013, 20:18

Two of the best wins we've had in years this past week have kept the season going a few more matches. Its still a big ask and I can't see us getting there but its certainly not through want of trying. Hats off to the management and players and we're certainly moving forward. The 363 thru the gate today shows that.

Haseley looked injured today so whatabout resting him against Hucknall? Risky but Hucknall can't be that great and Ben will be needed more against Carlton, Stamford and Lincoln.....

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Apr 2013, 21:44

Some more views on a good performance
http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=60083.0

GrisslesOleary
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GrisslesOleary » 14 Apr 2013, 01:22

Many thanks for your hospitality today,I was I think the lone Lynn supporters in your end second half. Must say you deserved the win,outplayed us totally,but more than 50 Lynn fans in attendance,was that many on the coach. Just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the bum and we draw you in the playoffs. Just hope we finish top and dispense with the playoff lottery. Good luck in your last few games.

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 14 Apr 2013, 07:46

Great all round solid play from the lads. Trev was kicking every ball on the side. Theres a real togetherness at the minute with every1 involved with the club, and when that happens anything is possible. Predicted we would lose yesterday. But what do I know. Also had money on the Villa and Wolves to win. Good job me hosses day let me down.(today in the 16.10 at market rasen Grove Pride is running ;) )

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Apr 2013, 11:27

HalesowenHarry wrote: Haseley looked injured today so whatabout resting him against Hucknall? Risky but Hucknall can't be that great and Ben will be needed more against Carlton, Stamford and Lincoln.....
Disagree keep the engine running we really need to try and get our goal difference up.
We need to score as many as possible (no disrespect to Hucknall) and Ben is key to that not only with him scoring but feeding other players as he has done all season.

Who would you replace him with?

Arshad proved at Newcastle he is a liability (could have been red card hand to face within seconds of being on) has missed goals even I could score.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 14 Apr 2013, 13:07

Can't be resting players at this stage of the season. I would however be inclined to rest him if we manage to be a few goals up...

Fantastic performance yesterday, atmosphere was superb and it was a great advert for Halesowen. No matter what happens now between the end of the season it's good to see how far we have progressed over the past year or so and long may it continue!!

Thought there were a lot of outstanding performances yesterday, back four were superb... Special mention to Meacham who won almost everything in the air!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Apr 2013, 19:14

Simply the most complete performance i have seen in a long time from a Town team. We know we are capable of this type of performance, but to do it against a top side and make them look ordinary after the first 10 minutes was very satisfying. Quick note on the attendance. It wasn't THAT good from our point of view as Lynn bought probably 70 or 80 by my reckoning, and i have to say they were not the type of Lynn fans we have become accustomed to over the years. Pleasure to have them bolstering our coffers. Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Come on lads, 4 more to go. We CAN do it!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 14 Apr 2013, 21:52

What a performance ! Absolutely superb ! We really wanted it and it showed, the win against Coalville Tuesday obviously put the lads on cloud 9 and rightly so. The atmosphere in the second half was fantastic, reminded me of a few years ago, there may have only been 363 but sounded like more. We have 4 cup finals left, all we can do is win them all and see what happens, we are certainly more than capable of winning all 4 and I reckon we will be feared if we do reach the play offs, either way I am excited that Mr Hill having a full season next term we will move onwards and upwards.

Proud to be a yeltzman !