Sutton Coldfield Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 27 Dec 2016, 14:02

wednesburystokie wrote:I am sure the owners are happy to get any help they can
But in our owners case this isn't true, because a majority of people are trying to give him help and advice by telling him we need a change of manager. Nothing happens. People don't like it but I'm trying to help when I say the squad isn't fit. And I don't mean a little bit unfit either(!). No they aren't professionals, but like somebody said to me yesterday when they heard about players smoking before games, if people are paying to watch them, at least try and make an effort to look like you are taking it seriously. It is just an insult to everybody who pays to go in otherwise and the manager, if he has control, should clamp down on that. I can forgive a lack of quality, but budgets don't affect that

Raiden, yes of course it would help enormously if everybody who grumbled and moaned would post, but it isn't going to happen so you will just have to keep banging the drum until something changes

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 27 Dec 2016, 17:06

wednesburystokie wrote:I agree, but at the same time as the Yeltz Family, which back in the days when the Yeltz Family name was first muted included the likes of Josh, Sarah, Mike Burke and many others, as a group of fans nothing more there was also a committee at the club that included none of the matchday volunteers of today, the Friends of The Grove was formed, and from an outsider I saw that was proposing to do good work for the club, I was asked to join, and was more than happy to do so.

Not one of the current matchday volunteers has a high role within the club, we literally fill in where needed, we've had some great volunteers at the club in the past too, people who have decided not to carry on doing what they are doing, but like many a non league club, I'm sure the owners are happy to get any help they can
I haven't posted for a long time as I no longer attend games, which is mainly due to not feeling welcome anymore.

As I have been mentioned, I would like state my opinion. I said to a few people 15 months ago that the way Steve would stay in charge of the club would be through divide (the fans) and conquer. It appears that he has succeeded. The fans are now arguing amongst themselves and thus deferring the attention away from the root cause of the problem... an owner with no football club management experience and in my opinion, no better than MM.

When MM was dragging the club down, the fans stood strong together, fighting... this time everyone is too busy fighting amongst themselves. He said, she said, they this and they that. I personally have nothing against any volunteers at the club.

The way to save the club now (from another MM and Ingrahm situation, club in administration, bought by a mate etc) is for the fans to put their differences aside and stand strong. Whether or not that happens is nothing to do with me anymore unfortunately but it's what I hope will happen for the sake of the club I have loved (and still love) for pretty much my whole life.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 27 Dec 2016, 17:25

Washy002 wrote:
wednesburystokie wrote:I agree, but at the same time as the Yeltz Family, which back in the days when the Yeltz Family name was first muted included the likes of Josh, Sarah, Mike Burke and many others, as a group of fans nothing more there was also a committee at the club that included none of the matchday volunteers of today, the Friends of The Grove was formed, and from an outsider I saw that was proposing to do good work for the club, I was asked to join, and was more than happy to do so.

Not one of the current matchday volunteers has a high role within the club, we literally fill in where needed, we've had some great volunteers at the club in the past too, people who have decided not to carry on doing what they are doing, but like many a non league club, I'm sure the owners are happy to get any help they can
I haven't posted for a long time as I no longer attend games, which is mainly due to not feeling welcome anymore.

As I have been mentioned, I would like state my opinion. I said to a few people 15 months ago that the way Steve would stay in charge of the club would be through divide (the fans) and conquer. It appears that he has succeeded. The fans are now arguing amongst themselves and thus deferring the attention away from the root cause of the problem... an owner with no football club management experience and in my opinion, no better than MM.

When MM was dragging the club down, the fans stood strong together, fighting... this time everyone is too busy fighting amongst themselves. He said, she said, they this and they that. I personally have nothing against any volunteers at the club.

The way to save the club now (from another MM and Ingrahm situation, club in administration, bought by a mate etc) is for the fans to put their differences aside and stand strong. Whether or not that happens is nothing to do with me anymore unfortunately but it's what I hope will happen for the sake of the club I have loved (and still love) for pretty much my whole life.
having having known the above poster form virtually since I've been going to the cup and knowing the amount of time and effort they put in her opinion is certainly worth taking note of.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 27 Dec 2016, 17:33

Anyone got M**s*n's phone number? Be great to have him back involved again.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 27 Dec 2016, 17:37

piearce9 wrote:Anyone got M**s*n's phone number? Be great to have him back involved again.
Partly fan owned would be the way forward. Fans vote board and can change it if necessary
Last edited by Washy002 on 27 Dec 2016, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 27 Dec 2016, 17:40

Washy002 wrote:

Hear hear

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 27 Dec 2016, 17:59

To clarify my post, I feel you all need to get together and look at the bigger picture. It's not just about having a moan after a bad match, bad matches will always happen in football, swings and rounderbouts.

So the questions fans need to ask themselves are:
1: do you like where the club is?
2: do you trust steve will do whats best for club?
3: if no to either of these why not arrange a fans meeting and discuss what fans should do? Unite together to fight for the club you ALL love.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 27 Dec 2016, 18:32

Washy002 wrote:To clarify my post, I feel you all need to get together and look at the bigger picture. It's not just about having a moan after a bad match, bad matches will always happen in football, swings and rounderbouts.

3: if no to either of these why not arrange a fans meeting and discuss what fans should do? Unite together to fight for the club you ALL love.
No is the answer to the first two questions. I agree with everything you say. But, how can the pulling together ever even begin unless we have a fresh start and a new manager? In the MM case it was easy because everybody wanted him gone. In this case a majority are sick to death of this football but a few still want JH here regardless of what happens. If we had a managerial change, we could focus on the owner maybe. Or you focus on the owner first but then you have the problem that a new owner would almost certainly want a new manager (especially bearing in mind the football is unbearable and the results dreadful), so those who don't want him to go would be reluctant to pull in that direction.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 27 Dec 2016, 18:40

Yeltz27 wrote:
Washy002 wrote:To clarify my post, I feel you all need to get together and look at the bigger picture. It's not just about having a moan after a bad match, bad matches will always happen in football, swings and rounderbouts.

No is the answer to the first two questions. I agree with everything you say. But, how can the pulling together ever even begin unless we have a fresh start and a new manager? In the MM case it was easy because everybody wanted him gone. In this case a majority are sick to death of this football but a few still want JH here regardless of what happens. If we had a managerial change, we could focus on the owner maybe. Or you focus on the owner first but then you have the problem that a new owner would almost certainly want a new manager (especially bearing in mind the football is unbearable and the results dreadful), so those who don't want him to go would be reluctant to pull in that direction.
but the way I look at it would be if we got a new manager now and then subsequently got new owner who wanted another new manager would this be fair on the first new manager who came in?

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 27 Dec 2016, 18:54

Wheels wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:

but the way I look at it would be if we got a new manager now and then subsequently got new owner who wanted another new manager would this be fair on the first new manager who came in?
Yes well obviously there is always that problem I guess. Unless you got a really popular manager who everybody likes and who was doing a good job of course. Because things are so bad at the club at the moment on the field, there isn't really anything we can all unite behind. I've made myself too unpopular, there are people who have issues with the FOTG etc, so it would really take a huge effort from somebody who isn't yet 'tarnished' to come up with an idea that we can all get together on.

What people like Piearce with his post fail to get is that in the MM days the football was still watchable and it was still fun to go, even if it meant getting the step ladders out outside the ground. Things that have happened since have been too divisive whether it be the manager and his anti-football, too many changes round the ground all at once, me saying the players are seriously unfit etc. Halesowen with the fan base and the attendances should not be just above the relegation line at this level. People have allowed it to continue with the budget excuse for example, and this shouldn't be allowed to happen anymore