Grantham Away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Grantham Away

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Dec 2015, 19:53

You're basically not going to be happy till John Hill is no longer the manager. I think we all get the idea, I don't belong to no such happy clappers, 26 years of watching I've certainly seen worse yeltz sides than this season. I've also seen us come within 2 points from being in the conference. And it was a combination of two things that got us to that position, a great club and a very healthy budget.
Referring to yesterday's game, we were lacking up front but still created enough to get a point without the two mistakes.
People seem to think we're awful on the pitch nearly every week, mainly two but as mentioned before that's what debate is for. Interestingly no one ever comments about off field comings and goings. As a supporter of all these years that'd be my only concern. And is probably why so many people who have helped on matchdays have disappeared.
No doubt my post will be forum assassinated like seems to be the thing every week post match. But we should be grateful for where we are now as who knows what's round the corner.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 20:17

Have I used the word "garbage"?
Your comments are usually negative, in my opinion. That is not a personal attack, it is how I perceive it to be.
Of course I wish that our performances were better - who doesn't? I find it rather a shame that you come away from the games that you attend, feeling that you have possibly wasted your time. From my personal viewpoint I also come away disappointed when the performance and result are not as I hoped for. Having said that, I never feel that my time could have been spent otherwise.
In conclusion I was not trying to be clever - just giving my considered, but cynical, opinion of the tone of the discussion, thus far.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Dec 2015, 20:36

lutleyyeltz wrote:Have I used the word "garbage"?
Your comments are usually negative, in my opinion. That is not a personal attack, it is how I perceive it to be.
Of course I wish that our performances were better - who doesn't? I find it rather a shame that you come away from the games that you attend, feeling that you have possibly wasted your time. From my personal viewpoint I also come away disappointed when the performance and result are not as I hoped for. Having said that, I never feel that my time could have been spent otherwise.
In conclusion I was not trying to be clever - just giving my considered, but cynical, opinion of the tone of the discussion, thus far.
I didn't say you had actually.

The fact is, HH is probably right about my opinion. Although I'd be perfectly happy to be proved wrong. What irritates me is, and what makes it difficult to have a discussion is that the manager is above criticism. People will say that's not true but just look at the evidence of what happens when anybody does criticise. More often than not at the moment we are poor. Instead of reading about in John Hill we trust (which is fine) and that he's the best manager we've had in 20 years, why not be more realistic and say 52 points is the target and we've got a manager capable of delivering that? Because to me, if he is the best we've had then that shouldn't be the target

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Dec 2015, 22:02

Whilst I'm very much in the John Hill camp and I'm perceived as a 'happy clapper' by some John isn't beyond criticism. As I stated earlier in the thread, I thought our game management was poor yesterday and I haven't been impressed with how we have adapted to the conditions in the last three games in particular in using the conditions to our advantage. Ultimately that is down to John and his coaching staff.

As for this "Best manager in 20 years" the quote came from Colin Brookes, who with respect, knows an awful lot more than any of us on here about the goings on of Halesowen Town and non-league football in general. I'm very much of the opinion that when Colin speaks his viewpoint is worth listening too.

As for the match day helpers disappearing... I find that an interesting point, I've obviously not been around as long as many of the people who go to Halesowen but my feeling is that many really are only interested in what goes on from the first whistle to the last of a 90 minute game. The rest all happens magically all by itself...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

the phys
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by the phys » 14 Dec 2015, 13:38

Yeltz27 wrote: Also, we've known for weeks that the two players would be leaving. So for people to be saying we will be in a mess without them shows how little foresight and planning there has been. It's not as though they suffered injuries for example that we didn't know about. It's farcical
Hi Matt,

Perhaps you would like to retract the "farcical" statement, John and Matt have made two signings in the last month: Nathaniel Waite and Malcolm Melvin. They are both direct replacements for the two Kidderminster Harriers loanee's. Both signings were made weeks before the two Kidderminster players left the club.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 14 Dec 2015, 14:19

the phys wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote: Also, we've known for weeks that the two players would be leaving. So for people to be saying we will be in a mess without them shows how little foresight and planning there has been. It's not as though they suffered injuries for example that we didn't know about. It's farcical
Hi Matt,

Perhaps you would like to retract the "farcical" statement, John and Matt have made two signings in the last month: Nathaniel Waite and Malcolm Melvin. They are both direct replacements for the two Kidderminster Harriers loanee's. Both signings were made weeks before the two Kidderminster players left the club.
I guessed Melvin would be a direct replacement for Hales, interesting to read that Waite is a replacement for Reffell, given he was signed a relatively long time ago!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 15 Dec 2015, 11:01

HalesowenHarry wrote:You're basically not going to be happy till John Hill is no longer the manager. I think we all get the idea, I don't belong to no such happy clappers, 26 years of watching I've certainly seen worse yeltz sides than this season. I've also seen us come within 2 points from being in the conference. And it was a combination of two things that got us to that position, a great club and a very healthy budget.
Referring to yesterday's game, we were lacking up front but still created enough to get a point without the two mistakes.
People seem to think we're awful on the pitch nearly every week, mainly two but as mentioned before that's what debate is for. Interestingly no one ever comments about off field comings and goings. As a supporter of all these years that'd be my only concern. And is probably why so many people who have helped on matchdays have disappeared.
No doubt my post will be forum assassinated like seems to be the thing every week post match. But we should be grateful for where we are now as who knows what's round the corner.
I think this sums it up for me. We never know what's around the corner. Especially being a non league football club. I remember when this forum used to be full of comments about off the field comings and goings.