St Ives Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: St Ives updates

Post by Dazzie76 » 20 Apr 2024, 21:23

Good game that today thought manning was superb, hickman also had a good game. Going to be an interesting summer, have a feeling paul smith will be installed as Bromsgrove manager in the coming week be interesting who goes with him. Great attendance as well

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 21 Apr 2024, 09:58

Many people before the game saw it as a dead rubber but was anything but. Arguably one of the most exciting games of the season entertainment wise, end to end and both teams going for it, was crazy at times.

Great for us to sign off at home with a win, but as mentioned I feel that will be the last we’ve seen of certain players, I expect a lot of changes as Russ will put his own stamp on the team.

It’s been a bit of a funny season really starting off with a bang, going a bit flat and off track in the middle and then regaining some form towards the end with the change of manager. Overall, before the start of the season we’d have taken a top half finish so not been a bad one all in all.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 21 Apr 2024, 11:25

£13:00 pounds for a great afternoons entertainment, a bargain!
Will there be an alternative match report from afar? I do hope so🤞🏼
Lastly, Hickman's movement off the ball was fantastic!
Onwards to Berkhamsted!!!!!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 21 Apr 2024, 14:04

One last trudge. Halfway past Derby and the power died. Nothing underfoot and it all went into limp mode.
Hopefully not a metaphor or a portent. Probably just my age.

Fortunately, a nearby change of horses c/o the Wild Westwood homestead and Waggon's roll. 3 quid each actually. Good value.

Surprisingly quiet in the saloon bar making us think that we'd be underpowered on the terraces too, but 1200+ Hardy souls had braved the mulch of the barton. And whilst it wan't up there with the final day trips to Dorchester of yore, (my what?), perhaps it wouldn't be as impotent as I thought.

Crash, bang, wallop.
One up, two down, level and behind. And all before changing ends.

For once, I was sort-of paying attention. Mini should have, then he did. Sort of stroked in from an angle leading to the flippy-flip.
Then a rare Platty flappy-flap and it was square. My bladder robbed me of first-hand views of their scorcher to take the lead.

But, the Diminutive Diva of the Direct FK swung it around the D-fence and in. Looked a bit weak to me, and their keeper initially agreed, granting us a great rear-view of his late scramble when he realised our error. Had Mini turned it upside-down?
Crashing to the ground, no. Behind at the break.

Excellent discussion of Caledonian Vernacular with Derby John. "Stramash", yes, but "Thrapple" was a new one on me.
And yet, that's what we took the game by.

To misquote the Bard of Birkenhead, "Why do we cheer for a corner, when they rarely lead to a goal?" Wynter's Coming! Tits and dragons notwithstanding, glanced inside the near stick, Crooky rouses from his attendance based calculations to register our set-piece lethalness and it's tied at 3s.

A discussion of an historic threethree v Barry, featuring a Paul Hunter overhead kick for the ages. 7.5 on the Sinclair-o-meter. Splendid.

Eschewing equality, and no doubt wondering if he's allowed to Tweet at his Wembley-bound Cov mates again yet, Hicky's off, 1-2 with Jack and whipped in. Tonsurial flick from an unfortunate Cantabrian and we're back up. Hoorah.

Woodwork rattled, Club Captain similarly so, but we stood strong and after the (excellent) ref peeped, we look nailed on for our traditional 8th.

With the exception of a final-dayer to the already-buggered Berko, Season 42 in the bag.
The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything? No. Much more important than that.

Good? Bad? Indifferent? Yes, definitely.

The close-season of murdered darlings draws on. I'd be amazed if we kept more than a handful. The usual Merry-go-Round augmented by the new broom means wholesale sweepage I guess.

Pragmatism over panache?
Prose over poetry?
Probably.

But was today truly the aforementioned prescient portent of future flamboyance?
Probably not.

But, life is like a box of chocolates - a last minute gift from the garage.
Or something.

I'd be (pleasantly) amazed if we see Gregs, Jack, Mini and many, come August. That triumvirate will be missed, and a few other stalwarts equally so.

I'd hope to see Wynter after summer; the excellent TP; the frankly unbelievable definition of "trained-on", "Mara"-Donnelley; probably Platty; Old-skool Taylor; and Eze but, other than an excuse for me to mis-use semi-colons, there's not much point in speculating.

Much more important to see Brother Westy, Ada, Crooky, Sid, Andy A, HH (absent yesterday? Surely not another holiday?), Eurwyn, Sprout and the dozens of others who provide the glue that holds the years together.

Both the afternoon and the season - the outcome as expected, the journey somewhat less so. And similarly a 3000-revs-limited scuttle back up the M1 to look forward to.

See you all in August...

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 21 Apr 2024, 15:00

And just like receiving the Sports Argus the weekend is now complete! Brilliant 👏

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 21 Apr 2024, 17:08

I was bloody there. It was like pre season. I didn't want to be there but I've got no choice. Have I? ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 21 Apr 2024, 18:06

Must have missed you!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 22 Apr 2024, 12:19

Lovely stuff, Doc - hope the car gets sorted! ;)