Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by andy » 24 Oct 2021, 18:22

Kevilsonlad wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 12:42
Hi guys ilson fan here . Firstly i have got say a massive thanks to all you guys for the very warm welcome us ilson fans got from you. The banter and singing was brilliant to hear from both sets of fans . On the match overall i thought we deserved the win but thoght we were very unlucky not to go in at half time three nil up, but thats football. You came outthe second half the much better team especially with the left winger who came on , he1s quality . Had to be a sending off of our keeper thats when i thought here we go we will end up losing the game . But our guys were brilliant in defending as a team .and still had a couple of chances . That last second free kick got me pacing up and down on the phone to friend who couldnt get to the game . Great celebrations by our fans thats how much it meant to us and thats a compliment to you and your club. Did the manager go over board at the end by jumping with us ........probably but again thats how much it meant to us ....
Your officials and fans were brilliant to the fans and our players at the end of the game saying really good things .
Thanks again for making it a really great day out . You will be made very welcome at the NMG in the return game .
All the best guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kev ....

At least that's one poster on here enjoyed it! Glad all your fans enjoyed it and the welcome you received. So many fans seem to like coming to our place, and if they are not dickheads they will always be looked after. See you at yours.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 24 Oct 2021, 22:57

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 17:30
dalevillain wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 09:55
A bad one to take yesterday, a very disappointing result and a performance which was unacceptable. You could just tell from the off Ilkeston were up for it with their fans as well. They wanted it more than us and thoroughly deserved their victory.

Too many players were below par. If I had to pick a man of the match I would say McCone as he came to the rescue on a few occasions which without him the scoreline could have been embarrassing for us. Although the introduction of Jack Holmes in the second half did spur us into life a bit.

But we didn’t really test their sub keeper enough and struggled to break down their 10 men which was worrying.

On the subject of the manager being away, it’s a difficult one. You can’t begrudge people holiday but for me, it wasn’t the best decision particularly in what was a must win game. IMO if Paul was there, we wouldn’t have lost that game yesterday. Although having said that, the players should have been good enough to still put in a performance without him, sadly they didn’t.

As mentioned this has been coming for weeks as performances have not been great although we’ve managed to still grind out results which has maybe masked the problem.

I still believe we can get promoted but things have to change, mostly our attitude, as we cannot afford many more slip ups. Although I have every confidence in the manager and players they can turn this around.
Spot on post.

Upon reflection it's the worst performance I can recall under Paul Smith. The most disappointing aspect is that our players didn't match the work rate and desire of Ilkeston. They simply wanted it more than us.
Bedford away just before the first lockdown was fairly horrific, and I’m not sure it was any worse than the first half against Carlton. But agreed- they were vastly superior in terms of work rate and desire which is what sticks in the craw a smidgen.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Oct 2021, 11:26

The slow start was odd. We've generally started well and scored early this season but Saturday was strangely flat.
It would be easy to blame the gaffer's absence but I don't think that he's a Churchillian orator and rabble-rouser. He doesn't come across as a Stuart Hall-style manager who sends them out ready to run through brick walls. He seems much more measured.
Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the oppo. That Villa twat, Carruthers, is definitely an eye-popping teacup-thrower from what we've seen of him on the bench, and begrudging fair play to him, it worked.

As an aside, did the forumistas notice that their no 5 was Harry Maguire's brother, Joe? He has the bragging rights in their slab-headed household this weekend.
I'm sure that some of our own Lye-Liverpudlians and Stourbr*dge-Scousers are enjoying their own crowing over the Merry-Hill-Mancs and Redhill-Red-Devils.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 25 Oct 2021, 14:52

Nothing can disguise the slab underneath that fringe https://adobe.ly/2ZieiEH