Nantwich

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nantwich

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Jan 2018, 19:02

Virtually everything that has been wrong at the Grove over the last three or four years has been ignored or excused. That is why we have the situation we have now. Some of the things that have been excused have been genuinely disgraceful, and whether it be the managers position or some of the behaviour in the stands, nothing ever gets done about any of it. And eventually people begin to resent what is going on

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Jan 2018, 19:03

Abject, pathetic and clueless - and that's just those in the dugout.
I have every admiration for those who will travel to the next three away games - though I do question their sanity.
It is with some relief that I won't have to watch such an abysmal showing again until the middle of February.
Unfortunately that means I will miss the banter and camaraderie of my fellow sufferers who gather in collective misery under the TV Tower.
Thank you, Sutton, for being even more awful than we are!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 13 Jan 2018, 19:15

andy wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:13
Honestly Guy if you were having to watch this you wouldn't care whether we were bottom and relegated or not. Whatever division we were playing this dross in would just make you want to weep.
Bizarrely, and masochistically, I think I’ll go to Barnsley next week.
I don’t think that I’ll recognise anyone on the pitch or in the stands though.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 13 Jan 2018, 19:30

If tomorrow does not announce either (a) a sale and purchase agreement or (b) entering administration, I truly fear for the continued existence of the football club. Without a transfer of ownership to someone who will cherish the values of the club, I cannot see any long term future.

Relegation either by virtue of results, administration, or indeed voluntary relegation would be, in my opinion, give a chance to rebuild. The playing side is now immaterial and probably beyond repair without drastic changes behind the scenes.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Jan 2018, 19:31

YeltzDoc wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 19:15
andy wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:13
Honestly Guy if you were having to watch this you wouldn't care whether we were bottom and relegated or not. Whatever division we were playing this dross in would just make you want to weep.
Bizarrely, and masochistically, I think I’ll go to Barnsley next week.
I don’t think that I’ll recognise anyone on the p*t*h or in the stands though.
Enjoy! ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Jan 2018, 19:38

Noggin wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 19:30
If tomorrow does not announce either (a) a sale and purchase agreement or (b) entering administration, I truly fear for the continued existence of the football club. Without a transfer of ownership to someone who will cherish the values of the club, I cannot see any long term future.

Relegation either by virtue of results, administration, or indeed voluntary relegation would be, in my opinion, give a chance to rebuild. The playing side is now immaterial and probably beyond repair without drastic changes behind the scenes.
Sadly that's true. The 2 or 3 division relegation back to where we came from though is truly heartbreaking.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Jan 2018, 19:43

andy wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 19:38
Noggin wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 19:30

Sadly that's true. The 2 or 3 division relegation back to where we came from though is truly heartbreaking.
.....in fact way lower. When we played in the old Banks's Prem I think that was at level 4 of the non league system. We could conceivably sink to level SIX.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 14 Jan 2018, 10:55

Halesowen Town 0 Nantwich Town 1

Joe Mwasile’s early winning goal condemned struggling Halesowen to a third consecutive home defeat in a season of continuing misery.

Nantwich’s 19 year old on-loan Blackpool goalkeeper Myles Boney did just enough from two early Yeltz corners and a 15th minute long throw-in from Exodus Geohaghon was almost touched in by Spencer Weir-Daley on his debut. But the Dabbers broke away straight up field with a long clearance down the middle and Joe MWASILE outpaced the Yeltz central defence to hammer home past Dan Platt in the 16th minute.

The Dabbers looked comfortable from that point on with the Yeltz labouring to create anything of real note. Mwasile strolled straight through the middle of the home defence again in the 37th minute but his 20 yard shot was parried away by Platt with David Forbes unable to keep the rebound down. Harry Clayton caused more trouble to the home defence in the 40th minute when his shot was deflected away for a corner.

At the start of the second period Enock Ekongo clipped wide and then drove past the post from 25 yards before Mwasile was thwarted down the right for a Nantwich corner after 53 minutes. Kevin Monteiro volleyed wide and substitute Roland Agbor’s cross was grabbed by Boney after an hour. Home goalkeeper Platt then saved a couple of attempts from Matt Bell and Clayton fired over the bar at the end of a neat Nantwich 68th minute move.

But Nantwich were content to play out the game without too much trouble, although Jack Kelly’s 86th minute free-kick was turned away and the resulting corner was scrambled clear in the goalmouth. The Dabbers also defended a couple of late long throw-ins from Geohaghon but it was Platt who saved from substitute Stephen Jones in the final minute of added time.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo (Bradley Lewis 71), Kyle Morrison (c) (Roland Agbor 59), Marcus Poscha, Exodus Geohaghon, Asa Charlton, Jordan Goddard, Kevin Da Veiga Monteiro, Matthew Barnes-Homer (Yasin Al-Massry 82), Spencer Weir-Daley, Jack Kelly. Subs Not Used: Danny Bragoli, Tom Parsons.

Nantwich Town: Myles Boney; Jamie Morgan (Jake Phillips 30), Courtney Wildin, Troy Bourne, Clayton McDonald, Matt Bell, Joe Mwasile (David Neligwa 71), Casper Hughes (c), Harry Clayton, Sean Cooke, David Forbes (Stephen Jones 77). Subs Not Used: Samuel Hall, Nathan Cotterell.

Referee: Richard Cattell Attendance: 318
Booked: Ekongo (69), McDonald (85)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Poppy and Dan Rock: Enock Ekongo