Did-dates.

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Did-dates.

Post by watsisnerm » 22 Feb 2012, 12:36

looks like shaun has bought in players that can now `get it right` so perhaps the players that have fallen short previously, bookings/sending offs/blaming refs/not turning up etc can look on and see how much the supporters appreciate the effort the players are putting in working FOR the team and if this continues MORE supporters will turn up to matches...then we can really move the club forward!

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 22 Feb 2012, 12:46

ginger dynamo wrote:From the Didcot site:-

http://www.didcottownfc.com//index.php? ... Itemid=228
They were certainly not happy bunnies after the match. Given our recent results, they probably expected a much different Yeltz to turn up last night to the side that actually did. The truth is the players that Shaun has brought in recently have strengthened the side, Ben Haseley is real quality, and we are now a match for most other teams. Playing without the players who are more likely to get red carded has meant we've kept 11 players on the pitch and that helps a great deal. It also means we're getting a little run going without the suspended players so team selection will soon become interesting when they're available again and, if all the current players stay, we'll have a strong bench.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 22 Feb 2012, 15:34

Completely agree with all the above said, I think most of use stated that we needed a few extra 'quality' players. Haseley seems to add that to the side, also with Jackson and Huckfield.

Good to see some of the youth team coming through this season too, especially as it looks as if they are going to win their league this season. Hopefully the local lads will get a chance towards the end of the season to get some 1st team game time.

Essentially at the end of the season we need to keep hold of the better players in the side and hope to push on again.

Next few home games look tempting for some points to get the home form back on track,
Wimbourne - Second from bottom (lets forget the 5-4 earlier in the season)
Bishop's Cleve - Mid Table
Abingdon United - 18th in the table

Good chance to push on in the league, build some confidence and momentum going into next season. Also hopefully get a few more spectators down at The Grove. :D

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 23 Feb 2012, 22:27

On Tuesday we were brilliant. Well done to all.

The new tactic (no one has mentioned) Colin Brookes and Andy in the dugout first half as Sean and assistant were on there way and were on the bench for the second half worked. Same again Saturday.
Not too mention the superb pre-match team talk from the Physio and Brendan.

Seriously everyone played well, unlike Saturday Didcot did try and succeeded in nipping at our players resulting in some bookings others were "normal; football" took the player out after the ball had gone and in the one instance the Diddy player got up shook hands and got on with the game where others would have rolled half way around the pitch trying to get a player sent off.

You can tell we had a good game the man of the match for Diddy was their Goalkeeper.

The officials were very biased and the classic just before half time Marcus was in the corner with two diddy men behind him, he tripped over the ball and the lino gave a foul. I did think one must have worked on the railway as every time a train went by every few seconds his flag was up.

First time i have seen a player releave himself on the pitch. When Diddy came out for the second half they went through a warming up exercise (i had to remind them we had already kicked off and losing), their No 2 was then caught doing a No 1 against the fence the other side of the goal and I don't think he was used to fans being behind that goal until I asked him if he was that nervous of our team. Must have been cause soon after went off.

Great away following again from Yeltz Fans probably 15-20.

Bring on Saturday.

ZeeZee when have the fans not been supporting the players when on the pitch, Bideford (as i missed that one)? ;)

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 23 Feb 2012, 22:50

JohnC wrote:On Tuesday we were brilliant. Well done to all.

ZeeZee when have the fans not been supporting the players when on the pitch, Bideford (as i missed that one)? ;)
Not a pop at the fans who turn up week after week, but maybe the fans who have stayed away may start to sit up and take notice.