Who is going up/down?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Who is going up/down?

Post by beastyyeltz » 16 Dec 2012, 21:14

So, Yeltz faithful... we are halfway through the season, so who do YOU think is going up/down?

For me, Coalville will win the league, after there promising start, they must surely follow it through. Kings Lynn will win the play offs consisting of Stamford, Gresley, and Sutton Codfield. Going down for me has to be Hucknall and Romulus, maybe followed by Mickleover and Market Drayton.

So what about you?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Who is going up/down?

Post by yeltz85 » 17 Dec 2012, 19:54

Got to be Coalville to go up now....

Am I right in thinking its only one that goes does? If so got to be Hucknall Town...

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 17 Dec 2012, 22:21

I predict.
The one at the top at the end of the season will go up.
The winner of the play offs will go up.
The team at the bottom will go down.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 18 Dec 2012, 06:46

The play-offs will be interesting; don't think Sutton C will be there - they've had a new gaffer after the chairman Mr Keogh went and his son, who coincidentally was the manager, went too.
I know a fair bit about SC as I used to live there, a few of my colleagues watch them regular and a few of their players - which is why I don't think they'll make the play offs - work at our place, like a beer too many on a Friday night, get up at 5AM to do a compulsory Saturday morning shift and then play in the afternoon... they're knackered, basically.

Think Yeltz will just miss out, RMW to nick a place in the play offs last day of the season - I like their spirit and they don't take their position - or this league, for granted. Their chairman is nice too as I didn't fleece him as I sold him a programme (Guesty later put it to my attention that the price is always on the cover).

NB watsisnerm - I don't always try and overcharge away chairmen for programmes...
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

SuttonFan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SuttonFan » 18 Dec 2012, 13:58

Swipey the fact that the old chairman and manager have gone is more reason for us going up than not. We were 3rd bottom when Keogh stepped aside and we are now 3rd under Toothy. We now have a young hungry manager where as Chris just didnt seem bothered at the end of his long tenure.

The whole club has a much better feeling and our numbers are increasing week on week both home and away.

Personally I think we will just come up short this season as our squad is not big enough to maintain our current good form. We have been very lucky re injuries and suspensions but they are inevitable and once they hit I think we will tail off slightly.

Im looking forward to our game Boxing day as you have a number of ex Sutton lads in your ranks who did well for us in there time at Coles Lane.

Anyway My Predictions

Coalville and Kings Lynn UP
Romulus and Hucknall DOWN

Sutton to Finish 7th Halesowen 9th

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 18 Dec 2012, 14:39

SuttonFan - apologies that my info is wrong and if indeed you are offended; I can only go by my own personal experience and consensus of a few fans that the Keogh's were centrifugal to the club but I don't mind being corrected :P

Personally I'm glad that Sutton C are 'on the up'... as I'm moving back into the area in the New Year :o

Buy you a pint Boxing Day?
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

SuttonFan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SuttonFan » 18 Dec 2012, 16:00

Swipey not offended at all my friend.

Without the Keogh family we probably would not have a football club. Both Tom and then Chris stepped in at a time when we were on the brink and for that we will always be thankful.

Chris by his own admissions had lost interest in managing the team and only did this as his dad was the chairman. It was no surprise that once Tom stepped down as chairman Chris followed. Chris has now taken up a role on the board and is working with the local college kids so he still has an involvement in the club and rightly so.

I have been told that had Chris not stepped down then Toothy was lined up to join you as your manager funny how things work out eh ?

Will defo have a drink Boxing day although mine will only be a J20.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 18 Dec 2012, 16:17

Nobody tipping Leek ?... dark horses ... on my adjusted table they are 6th !!!!

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 19 Dec 2012, 22:12

old git wrote:Nobody tipping Leek ?... dark horses ... on my adjusted table they are 6th !!!!
They must be invisble horses if they make the play offs :D