Ben on a contract?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Ben on a contract?

Post by lutleyyeltz » 14 Dec 2012, 16:40

According to the E & S:

John Hill insisted he can't stop any vultures scouting marksman Ben Haseley, but he backed the striker to ignore the speculation. "No-one has made an official approach but there are always people watching him in the stands and there always will be. They all want a goalscorer but I can't concern myself with things like that."

As I understand it Ben is on contract until the end of this season. Am I correct?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Ben on a contract?

Post by yeltz85 » 14 Dec 2012, 18:15

You are correct Mr Lutley Yeltz.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 14 Dec 2012, 21:06

Well, if someone does buy him (let us pray to god that it happens when his hair goes white and he uses a walking stick) then Jon Hill should try and get a HUGE payout for him O0

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 15 Dec 2012, 10:11

Ben had opportunities to go elsewhere during the close season. Hopefully WHEN we gain promotion he will decide to stay with us longer.
Ben to score the winning goal in the play off final in added time.

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 15 Dec 2012, 10:14

Players like him are hard to find. He is hard working , excelent attitude, and knows where the goal is. Would love to see him down the Grove for a few more seasons. Could end up a legend

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 17 Dec 2012, 07:37

Ben is indeed on a contract and as JohnC correctly stated, could have gone elswhere at the end of last season with higher wages and leagues... yet he chose to stay at The Grove; I will always respect him for that. He's a damn fantastic football player and I wish some of the younger kids would use him as a role model.

I'm side-tracking slightly because I heard that one of the parents of the Netherton Colts under 6s told them to go down when they were touched: absolutely criminal.

I was at an away game - Stamford I think - and there was a dodgy call on whether the ball went over the line that Ben was chasing. The linesman flagged for a goal kick and to me it was obviously still in play. Ben asked the linesman if he was sure, once and politely, the linesman said he was (when he couldn't have been) and Ben nodded his head to acknowledge the official and ran back to his postion.

I don't want to go all Mr. Chumley-Warner type thing but I've never seen that before, and for an excellent footballer who deserves to be playing the Blue Square at least he's a gentleman too.
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Dec 2012, 08:18

swipey wrote: an excellent footballer who deserves to be playing the Blue Square .
That will certainly alert those that weren't aware of Ben's talents! :o

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 17 Dec 2012, 16:21

lutleyyeltz wrote:
swipey wrote: an excellent footballer who deserves to be playing the Blue Square .
That will certainly alert those that weren't aware of Ben's talents! :o
Erm, ermm, I meant the blue square that is (sort of) Halesowen Town's football kit :-X
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Dec 2012, 16:48

Season of Goodwill and all that - you're forgiven. I'm sure that you had no ulterior motive. :-X

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 17 Dec 2012, 16:49

Last night I had to double take, at first I thought our super Ben was on #BBCSPOTY but it was Ainslie the sailor.
Our Ben got my vote ;)