Floodlights

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Floodlights

Post by old git » 18 Nov 2012, 17:56

watsisnerm wrote:meanwhile, back on a `lighter` subject..there is a chance that a supporter is stepping forward to do the fitting of the bulbs at a reduced cost, all we need now is bulbs! we have 3 bulbs already sponsored but there is a total of 7 that need replacing..so please get in touch if you can help, we cant do the work until we have all 7, this is
your chance to get your name in lights..well a light in your name at least!
KenR wrote:If 'whatisname' is being charged £400-500 per day just to change a few lamps then I think he should contact Matt Allwright at BBC Rogue Traders . I think I can better labour costs and lamp charges.

Well done KenR...always great to see a supporter stepping forward to save the club money.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 18 Nov 2012, 19:36

Well done KenR...always great to see a supporter stepping forward to save the club money.[/quote]
All things being equal and it being a level playing field so to speak and any other Gael Cliches I can think up, I'll certainly try to lighten the load. But please Andy NO PHROPHET OF DOOM

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Nov 2012, 18:32

Alright, behave then...... ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 21 Nov 2012, 18:50

watsisnerm wrote:we are looking for supporters who would sponsor a replacement lamp at a cost of £300 each, so if anyone is interested please get in touch
watsisnerm wrote: all we need now is bulbs! we have 3 bulbs already sponsored but there is a total of 7 that need replacing..so please get in touch if you can help, we cant do the work until we have all 7
Having started this thread, and being involved in a few lighthearted exchanges, I have read through the posts again.
The above quotes bring forth the question as to how far do you go in asking supporters to dip into their pockets? Surely, in the budget, there is a contingency for routine work to be done on the essential infrastructure of the club. From the above quotes it would appear not!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 22 Nov 2012, 23:47

brilliant! all this hard work to try and bring money into the club and all we needed was a `budget` then we could have used that to pay for everything!
all supporters `dip into their pockets` as much as they can to help keep the club going, some of them also clean changing rooms, sell programmes, sort out the administration, paint, repair, wash the kit, take match day posters to various shops and dozens of other jobs too numerous to mention (or to be paid for)...we have great supporters and ask so much of them, the `sponsor a bulb`idea came from supporters in the first place so it seemed a good idea to ask if any one else was able to do the same. every supporter, just by paying to watch a match, adds to the well-being of the club but even with supporters and sponsors someone has to put their own money into HTFC and unless that someone has a bottomless pit, priorities have to be established, so things like `sponsor a bulb`, `golden goal` etc, can mean a bigger priority in the direction of the team.
over 30 years ive been supporting HTFC, only in the last few have i realised what it takes to keep it going.

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 23 Nov 2012, 12:35

Bulbs? I really haven't noticed? The games haven't been that bad have they?
The things people worry about.
Saying that i did notice a bit of dislodged moss on a step at the game a couple of weeks ago!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 24 Nov 2012, 12:52

I don't think anyone has questioned the Hard work done for free by volunteers to run the club.

Most businesses and individuals prepare a budget with expected income and expenses.
In the expenses you would include the essential items.
If you are a Super Market e.g. Tesco they budget for replacement bulbs in the stores.

I understand football income is different as it depends on the gate sizes which we are sometimes surprised how low they are at the moment and we the fans want as much spent on the squad as possible. However, we know we have to have floodlights that work to complete the fixtures this is what i would call essential.

If however, the plea for people to pay up for bulbs has and is working well done to all involved.

I would also add that our floodlights are a lot better (even with some out) than our competitors,