My perspective...

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
yeltz85
Global Moderator

My perspective...

Post by yeltz85 » 16 Oct 2012, 23:02

Just had a quick look,

The past four games we have played 3rd and 6th away and also 4th at home. These have been very difficult games and not ideal for John Hill to bring in new players etc and try new things.

I think the next three games (all at home) will give us a better idea on the new players and how the season will start to pan out. These are Rainworth Miners Welfare - 15th, Leek Town - 21st and Worksop in the FA Trophy (hopefully a big crowd)!

We shall see what happens. Anyway in the last 5 games there have been 25 goals... So the games have certainly been entertaining... :)

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: My perspective...

Post by Wheels » 16 Oct 2012, 23:47

Agreed also with games happening twice a week at the moment less time can be spent training and getting the new ideas across integrating new players etc

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 17 Oct 2012, 02:47

I agree there's some positives there but there's a streak in me which is following the Yeltz mantra at the minute: Long Term, Stability, Need Time, Be Happy With What We've Got...

...but I don't want to see us slump down the table and be content with mid-table mediocrity; we score too many goals for that and the players - as well as us fans - deserve more than that.

Time for Mr. Hill to get things going again, I think Saturday will be a very good indicator as to how the rest of the season shapes up :)
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 17 Oct 2012, 06:20

I'd love us to finish in the playoffs. But the realist in me says its going to be a mid table finish. Hopefully the boss will get the team how he wants for next season. But dont worry that wont stop me coming down and cheering (sometimes moaning at lads) lads

gfcfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gfcfan » 17 Oct 2012, 07:37

I'll be honest guys, we have pretty much similar expectations to you but there is a lot of good sides in this league who on their day can cause an upset. Belper won their first game but were a better side against us than Market Drayton who are now on an unbeaten run. Mickleover expected to walk the league but right now the thing seperating the top 4 or so is pace. Sheffield, Newcastle, Coalville & Kings Lynn all have it to burn. Our defeats have come from sides who run at us, in behind us and that even comes down to our FA Cup defeat to Ilkeston. If a side plays infront of us we're way more comfortable. We will however be happy with anything top ten after two promotions because you've got to stabilise and find your level eventually & with the guys we have we think this is about it. Always hope for more though.