New Manager John Hill

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
yeltzofold
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New Manager John Hill

Post by yeltzofold » 05 Oct 2012, 21:48

On a sour note and because of my connections i can tell you one of the yeltz players of old during the finest times passed away yesterday. god bless and rip mooro. Neil Moore died yesterday :-(

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Oct 2012, 21:53

Sorry, you misunderstand.

My comment towards "lutley" was to the forum member "lutleyeltz" to tell him that you weren't one of the candidates.

My only issue, and it's slightly unfair of me, is that I can work out who you are and that you have, what would be referred to in political circles as, "a conflict of interest".

One of the candidates is an acquantance of yours and therefore this has to be taken into account when assessing your opinion.

This doesn't affect your right to state an opinion, but it should have been declared.

*dismounts high horse*

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Oct 2012, 21:55

Ah, mails crossed.

You'd think both of us would have better things to do on a Friday night.

I don't mind your support of Willo. Personally I'd have gone for Snapper, but we have to respect the committee's opinion and give John our support.

And, yes, I'd heard. Neil Moore, RIP.

yeltzofold
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzofold » 05 Oct 2012, 22:10

For the record doc i know john, snapper, willo, ian rowe and uncle tom cobbley. None are my 'acquantancies'. My opinion is one of disappointment not bias as a supporter so why on earth should i disclose one when there isn't one????? maybe this is simply a forum for people to say what people want to hear from people who have a rifht as they have posted before!!!!! Bizarre. Friday Saturday Sunday Monday no different opinion just mine and completely unbiased so will you all to it with your own thoughts as you obviously know better.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Oct 2012, 22:19

Hmm, I suspect that there's only one of that list who played for your Sunday side.

Anyhoo, you're still welcome to post whenever you feel like it.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 06 Oct 2012, 09:24

its always hard to choose a person for any job, especially at interviews, the best you can do is check their history and hope to trust your instincts (if you want to find out how good/bad i am at it..see next tuesday nights match when we are having a staff `sponsor day `!) john was chosen to be best for the job and he was partly chosen by some one who doesnt know/has no links to ex players so was looking to the future.
we all look back and remember great players and managers, great games..the idea now is to create the great memories for the future, so in years to come we will be saying..remember those great players/games (and manager we had in 2012/13/14/15........its got to start some where, god knows we have a `black hole` over the last few years!