New Manager John Hill

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
billydaveysdaughter
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New Manager John Hill

Post by billydaveysdaughter » 05 Oct 2012, 19:39

Yeltzofold,

Strange comments, we had the chance to get in an ex pro, wasn't Cunnington an ex pro???? Going down the ex pro route isn't always the way to do it, the board stated they wanted a manager with good local knowledge, we have one now. Ex pro's as a rule don't do well at this level of football unless there is a bottomless pit of money, we don't have that.

I like many other supporters are excitied by this appointment, we have a new manager with new ideas, great local knowledge and a good track record, John and his team will be great for us and I can't wait for 2morrows game.

Anyone with doubts why not come and get behind John and the team, I for one have no doubt he will be a success at our club.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 05 Oct 2012, 19:45

you dont think `yeltzofold` is an ex-player who turned pro before moving into management (at a high level)
but has got a crap interview technique, do you ?!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 05 Oct 2012, 19:52

watsisnerm wrote:you dont think `yeltzofold` is an ex-player who turned pro before moving into management (at a high level)
but has got a crap interview technique, do you ?!
i rest my case...see when he joined forum!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 05 Oct 2012, 19:53

Watsisnerm - that's probably nearer the truth than you imagined! :o

yeltzofold
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzofold » 05 Oct 2012, 20:55

Joining a forum recently and you feel justified in believing i have no justification. ok a little more substance for you. i signed for halesowen as a 16 year old having been to 3 halesowen schools. i was lucky to have and still do many friends who revelled in the greatest times the club ever had. i moved on to other clubs but injury curtailed my career. this only served to make me more of a fan as i supported my mates. i was lucky to be involved with many factors within the club for many years and remained a supporter from the 30 who watched me play through to the many hundreds and then being one of those hundreds. if you had read the thread properly and not focussef on the 'pro' element you may have been able to work it out. ie for instance, and thats what forums are for, my opinion is after many years of crap on and off the pitch i felt one ex pro Lee williams who is an ex pro, ex player, passionate about football, experienced as an assistant at higher leagues, ie Leamington, lives in Halesowen and obviously has great contacts would have excited me no end. My opinion. as i started and stated no disrespect to john but i dont feel it. we had a great chance to inject something back into our club and not just managrr for managers sake. irrespective of my posts on here i would challenge any one of the serial forum posters to have more passion or history for this football club. nuff said

yeltzofold
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzofold » 05 Oct 2012, 21:05

Ps for the record shaun cunnington ex pro had no allegiance to halesowen. gary hackett ex pro halesowen lad aint done bad down the road. if you want to throw in assiatant manager not experienced enough, different level but will throw in steve clarke up the road who aint doin too bad either. nuff said for now

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Oct 2012, 21:28

Hmmm.

We're all entitled to our opinion.

Regardless of who you've played for / supported / etc. And we won't always agree.

However, surely the new manager deserves a chance?

And lutley - remembering that I can view behind the curtain of anonymity provided by a username, I can assure you that our new forumista isn’t any of the rejected candidates.

However, a quick bit of Googling suggests that he might not be entirely unconnected…

yeltzofold
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzofold » 05 Oct 2012, 21:40

Firstly. i agree. opinions. secondly i defended myself against crass comments who didnt know who i might or might not be and thought i might not be eligible to have an opinion. well as you may know me and i beg to believe you dont if you think i am connected, but if you do then you would not argue the toss that i dont have a bloody good reason to moan. :-) moan probably not the right word but will add john does have the right to be supported. just that IN MY OPINION it was not the best choice. time will tell. till then cold custard waiting to be warmed up for mine or others humble pie

yeltzofold
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzofold » 05 Oct 2012, 21:42

Also wrong doc. halesowen church school. newfield park never lutley

yeltzofold
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzofold » 05 Oct 2012, 21:44

Sorry doc thought you were referring to lutley school. just worked that inuendo out