Shaun Cunnington Leaves The Grove

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shaun Cunnington Leaves The Grove

Post by JohnC » 12 Sep 2012, 14:01

andy wrote: Not sure who these wonder managers imagined by John C and the Prophet of Doom (who spends every match wondering round the ground telling everybody the end of the world is nigh) may be, but i hope there is one out there prepared to take the job on.
Andy where have i said "wonder manager"?
The rest of your comments about me people should take with a bucket of salt.
Shall we see you at Biggleswade?

Wish Shaun and his assistant all the best and thank him for getting 11 players on the pitch end of season 2009/10.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Sep 2012, 19:23

1. Apologies, my term not yours. I do feel though that what you and others expect is not going to be found watching a team at our level with no money. Any manager that could achieve it will not be around long.

2.I was unaware of any other comments about you.

3. The day you have attended as many HTFC matches as i have come back and see me. For about 20 years i barely missed a game anywhere in any competition. Nowadays my finances do not stretch to many away games. I apologise for being poor.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Sep 2012, 19:45

andy wrote: I apologise for being poor.
Superb - quote of the year! ;D

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 12 Sep 2012, 20:11

lutleyyeltz wrote:
andy wrote: I apologise for being poor.
Superb - quote of the year! ;D
Understandable in today's economic climate - at least the Jolly Boy can afford a season ticket and a set of ladders too!

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 12 Sep 2012, 20:18

andy wrote: Not sure who these wonder managers imagined by John C and the Prophet of Doom (who spends every match wondering round the ground telling everybody the end of the world is nigh)
Andy, Is he the chap with a London accent usually in shorts and carrying a hot dog?

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 12 Sep 2012, 20:22

All the best Shaun thanks for your efforts.

Guys perhaps we should concentrate on being a bit more positive rather than squabbling over who has done what, no-one on here has anything to prove, we are all supporters of HTFC in one way or another, we all have our commitments which signifies when or we can't get to games or attend work parties etc. We are all entitled to our opinions but please let's try and have something decent to say. It's rare I can get to games nowadays with one thing and another but I perhaps could of gone against Newcastle Town, but to be honest with the negative atmosphere I just couldn't push myself to go, where as a couple of years ago it would of taken a lot for me to miss a game, what I am trying to say is maybe some of our attitudes are such that we aren't exactly helping the situation. It's easy to nit pick and say a manager hasn't done this and should of played him, we are all experts standing on the terraces, but believe me when you have to try and change a game and you have to think fast it's not easy, especially knowing that if you make a situation worse you could be slated for that too! I feel it and I only manage an under 9's team!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 12 Sep 2012, 20:30

Ive not posted on the subject yet but would like to thank Shaun and Tommo for all they have done in the past.

I think that now the fans should unite together and get behind whoever the club decides to bring in, a fresh start moving forwards. There is a good chance we may see some players come and go as what normally happens with a new manager and that will obviously take time to bed in. Potentially exciting times ahead so I think we should have less of the bickering as people say and unite together... :D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Sep 2012, 07:46

dazzlingdazza wrote: It's easy to nit pick and say a manager hasn't done this and should of played him, we are all experts standing on the terraces, but believe me when you have to try and change a game and you have to think fast it's not easy, especially knowing that if you make a situation worse you could be slated for that too!
If a manager of a football team - at any level - thinks that he is going to have a smooth passage, whatever the results, then he shouldn't be in that position.
The saying: "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" seems appropriate. Football fans are notoriously unforgiving in their criticism, and rightly so. "We pays our money and we makes our choice!"
Shaun held things together, for which he deserves all credit, through a bad period and eventually exercised his choice - he resigned. That is the point to remember - he wasn't sacked and left The Grove of his own free will.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Sep 2012, 08:05

yeltz85 wrote:Ive not posted on the subject yet but would like to thank Shaun and Tommo for all they have done in the past.

I think that now the fans should unite together and get behind whoever the club decides to bring in, a fresh start moving forwards. There is a good chance we may see some players come and go as what normally happens with a new manager and that will obviously take time to bed in. Potentially exciting times ahead so I think we should have less of the bickering as people say and unite together... :D
Ditto from me, HTFC wouldn't simply exist as it does now and we'd be in the mickey mouse league division 8. We're also forgetting who helped get Steve on board to bail us out of the Gingram mess. Old news anyway......

As a few suggest, let's start being a bit more positive and all hose people on here and terraces who reckon they or their friends wouldn't watch the Yeltz again whilst SC was in charge, here's the news, he's gone so get yourself back down The Grove, we're still 3rd in the early part of the season league table and could fight for a play off spot if we could get the budget increased with 50-100 more watching at home.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Sep 2012, 13:31

gingeryeltz wrote:
andy wrote: Not sure who these wonder managers imagined by John C and the Prophet of Doom (who spends every match wondering round the ground telling everybody the end of the world is nigh)
Andy, Is he the chap with a London accent usually in shorts and carrying a hot dog?
The very same i believe, but its usually a sandwich.