Sutton predictions

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton predictions

Post by Capinjazz » 27 Aug 2012, 13:26

I don't think I am on my own in saying that the only way a LOT of people could get over this and see light at the end of the tunnel would be for a management change!

I said in a previous post is it too soon??
After what I have heard from some fans, they aren't even going to watch a match with the current regime in charge!

It's definatly not too soon, it's definatly one game too late!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 28 Aug 2012, 13:49

Capinjazz wrote:I don't think I am on my own in saying that the only way a LOT of people could get over this and see light at the end of the tunnel would be for a management change!

I said in a previous post is it too soon??
After what I have heard from some fans, they aren't even going to watch a match with the current regime in charge!

It's definatly not too soon, it's definatly one game too late!
Should have gone during or at least at the end of last season.
We saw a whole season where he was not ablt to prove he was up to the job.
Team choices, tatics and discipline. All of which have been prevelant in our matches this season.
His record will be most sendings off inc himself, and dumped out of FA Cup in first matches.
Can not see any other legacy.

I remember Mr Holleran one season took us to the first round proper of the FA Cup Acheivment.
Next season league peformance was poor and we were dumped out of FA Cup by lower opposition after two awful matches and he was gone.

Only acheivment for Sean was getting 11 players to play no wages season before last. We gave him thanks by retaining him all last season but we can't go on forever.

I too know people who have stopped coming to the matches and will probaby not with the current manager in charge.

Can someone explain to me what Sean does while the players warm up? I don't remember any other manager not on the pitch or at least sideline when this happens. Does this show a lack of interest to players?

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 29 Aug 2012, 10:43

Completely Agree With Above, There is just no coaching from what i can see!

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton predictions & coaching

Post by Steve Glass » 30 Aug 2012, 12:29

Yes its time to get back to basics and then only do the fancy stuff afterwards. Play it on the ground, get fitter and faster, control the ball, pass and move as quick as possible and shoot on sight. Get players in the box and attack crosses.
Football has become over concerned with formations and systems. You need the skills and correct attitudes first.
I guess those of us still paying to watch (reluctantly or otherwise) just want to see signs of this happening and dont mind who teaches or coaches it - as long as someone does!