The centre circle.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

The centre circle.

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Aug 2012, 19:17

It would appear that there is a long standing problem with the grassless area around the centre spot on the pitch at The Grove.
All sorts of rumours i.e. foxes and a now disused escape tunnel from Merry Hill have been put forward as being the cause of the persistent bare patch. Would it be against FA regulations if an area of astroturf, or the like, was put in to alleviate this problem?
Just a thought. ::)

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: The centre circle.

Post by Washy002 » 19 Aug 2012, 01:01

I doubt the FA have been asked about just part of the pitch but the FA allow a 3G pitch to be used in all league and county cup games but not for FA cup games. That's all I know unfortunately

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 20 Aug 2012, 09:43

I think we should congratulate everyone involved for creating a much better pitch than we had to endure last season. Well done! Having said that the grass was a bit long on Saturday and rumours that Ben missed the penalty due to using a putter rather than the required pitching wedge (the ball was sitting down in long grass) are wide of the mark. Simple solution - there is a pile of grass behind the one goal - shove it in the centre circle so you cant see the gap?!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Aug 2012, 10:56

Steve Glass wrote:I think we should congratulate everyone involved for creating a much better pitch than we had to endure last season. Well done! Having said that the grass was a bit long on Saturday and rumours that Ben missed the penalty due to using a putter rather than the required pitching wedge (the ball was sitting down in long grass) are wide of the mark. Simple solution - there is a pile of grass behind the one goal - shove it in the centre circle so you cant see the gap?!
I think you have hit the nail on the head. A lot of work has gone into the pitch this summer, spoilt by a fox or two in the centre circle. A few weeks back it looked really good.

Im sure a few of you saw that there is still work to be done around the ground, banks are to be finished still. Few advertising boards missing and bits of wood to be shifted etc. A few hours help by anyone would be great. :)

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 22 Aug 2012, 09:50

Thanks. Tell them Foxes that if they dont stop we will never eat the glacier mints and biscuits ever again?!