13 August 2012 Supporters Forum YeltzBar @ 7.45pm

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: 13 August 2012 Supporters Forum YeltzBar @ 7.45pm

Post by watsisnerm » 15 Aug 2012, 11:56

swipey, you may be a late developer as a yeltz supporter but you`re doing a great deal to help the club move forward, you come to the games,buy refreshments, buy golden goal tickets and a programme not to mention the money you spent in the club shop (not forgetting the past doesnt mean wearing 10 year old replica shirts when the income from new ones goes towards players wages!) not every one can afford everything of course but as some company says `every little helps` ps want to sponsor a player £50 (6 players already taken)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Aug 2012, 15:05

I'm pretty sure that what was meant was 'the people who can't forget and no longer come near the place'

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 15 Aug 2012, 16:02

old git wrote:I'm pretty sure that what was meant was 'the people who can't forget and no longer come near the place'

the word `forget` taken out of the original sentence is probably what was meant to be said..`people who dont move on`..., its like a few years ago when we assumed people meant to be nasty and pounced on them for it. dont put down to malice what you can put down to typo error!
so lets get the the forum back to boring `news/events etc` we dont need the `think the worst of each other`
(although entertaining) posts, especially after, as was stressed at the meeting on monday, there is a great group of people working hard behind the scenes who will NEVER forget what happened (its because of what happened that they are working hard in the first place!)

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 15 Aug 2012, 16:18

That's exactly what I meant old git! The local businesses who want nothing to do with us because of the bad press!

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 16 Aug 2012, 10:31

Well, I just thought the day after I was maybe too vocal on basically a platform that I knew nothing about; fortunately most of the spiel was football-orientated but sprout's hit the nail on the head for me by explaining that it needs to be understood how severe the situation was to overcome it.

Oh yeah, I wore my Yeltz kit in Stoke yesterday and I got some right funny looks. Don't think it was the bedazzlement of the new kit though; my nipples are abundantly clear underneath all that technologicamal fabric weave fingy :P
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 17 Aug 2012, 09:43

Forgive me as I dont think I have met Swipey but on the basis of his last contribution alone, I vote that he should provide half time or pre match entertainment. There has got to be a role for someone with this level of enthusiasm and way with words at our club. Sign him up!

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 17 Aug 2012, 14:43

Steve Glass wrote:Forgive me as I dont think I have met Swipey but on the basis of his last contribution alone, I vote that he should provide half time or pre match entertainment. There has got to be a role for someone with this level of enthusiasm and way with words at our club. Sign him up!
Absolutely flattered, many thanks ;D

However, the only pre-match/half time entertainment I can provide is for myself at the Yeltz bar/cafe buying as watsisnerm kindly put it, "refreshments".

However, due to said refreshments, not only am I partial to the odd 1 or 7, I like buying others one too and the offer stands.

You'll know me when you see me ;)
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!