13 August 2012 Supporters Forum YeltzBar @ 7.45pm

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
ZeeZee
Global Moderator

13 August 2012 Supporters Forum YeltzBar @ 7.45pm

Post by ZeeZee » 14 Jul 2012, 21:15

We will be holding an open Supporters forum on Monday 13th Aug @ 7.45pm.

The panel will include Shaun Cunnington and members of the Management Committee.

Venue: The Yeltzbar.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Supporters Forum

Post by dazzlingdazza » 15 Jul 2012, 11:00

Great idea, will do my best to make it.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Supporters Forum

Post by swipey » 15 Jul 2012, 12:32

Good shout
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: 13 August 2012 Supporters Forum YeltzBar @ 7.45pm

Post by swipey » 13 Aug 2012, 15:59

Thought I'd bump this for later on :)

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 13 Aug 2012, 17:29

See you all there! :-)

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 14 Aug 2012, 13:06

Hmm, low attendance and apologies if I took up most of the questions but like I said, it was an open forum and stuff was up for debate.

Seems I've not fully understood the Morrell Mason depths that have deeply hurt the fans and all associated with the club because I had a very "get over it" attitude last night (which was lubricated somewhat)and I still think some aspects of HTFC still live in the 80's. Yes, proud times we can reflect on with affection, but to think we're the same club - or more importantly - have the same expectations, is just wrong. For this opinion I feel I have to apologise - for you guys & gals to be supporting the club through thick and thin with your finances and for me to just wade in and say summat like that must be offensive

If I upset anyone with my over-zealousness and naivety I'm genuinely sorry but I feel I have a different perspective coming in "out of the blue" as it were and although I may not know much, I think it's clear that my passion for the club is there for all to see and tbh I'm glad I asked questions perhaps nobody else wanted to.

Big shout to sprout, Stokesy, Sarah & Mike for giving me a clearer picture and pointing me in the right direction but a big thank you to Shaun, Colin and Steve - bloody enjoyed myself, I did! 8)

Anyway, me-me-me, onwards and upwards for Halesowen Town Football Club, up the Yeltz!

Man, I love this club :-*

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 14 Aug 2012, 16:56

Hey Swipey!

I dont think anyone was offended by the questions you asked last night, i for one definately wasnt! The idea of a supporters forum is for the supporters to express their opinions; good, bad and indifferent!

Most people involved in the club now have put the Morrell/Ingram regime behind them and are concentrating on pushing the club forwards. The people that cant forget/move on are the ones who dont love the club like we do.

For example; if you were a local business, after all the bad press HTFC has had over the last few years, would you want your name associated?? We do becuase we love the club, but those who dont love it but want to support their local football team need a bit longer to regain our trust.

In 14 months, we have got Halesowen Town Colts on board and even now some of them are still weary (although we understand, it is sometimes fustrating because in those 14 months we have done nothing but kept to our promises). However, it will take even longer for them ALL to trust us completely.

When you break your leg and dont do any exercise for 6 months, you lose your muscle mass 3 times quicker than it took to build it!! Thats what is going to happen with HTFC. Our reputation was shattered in 12 months (and continued to be in the gutter for another 2 years), it will take at least double that to build it back up to where it was.

But onwards and upwards!!

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 15 Aug 2012, 10:54

Washy002 wrote:Most people involved in the club now have put the Morrell/Ingram regime behind them and are concentrating on pushing the club forwards. The people that cant forget/move on are the ones who dont love the club like we do.
I hope that you expressed yourself poorly there, because if you actually mean what you wrote it then it is the most misguided statement that I have seen on here for a long time. Saying that those of us who do not forget those long, sad days have no feelings for the club is frankly insulting and I honestly hope that you did not mean that.

The most important lesson of that period is that we do not forget what has happened in the recent past and that we position things so that they cannot return to that situation things in the future. Let us not be mistaken, the M**s*n/Ingram situation arose because the majority of the share capital and funding was in the hands of a small number of good individuals who were mislead by rogues.

I hold Steve Lynch in extremely high regard but the point remains that our football club functions largely on the largesse of one individual, which is not a sustainable model. I have no doubts whatsoever around his intentions or willingness but the fact remains that the share capital and much of the club income is in the control of one individual and this is not a healthy long term position.

People rightly need to "move on" from our nightmare period, but we must never forget that it happened and we must be mindful of the circumstances that permitted it to arise. That is why we need both a financially strong independent supporters body and a healthy relationship with the local business community.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 15 Aug 2012, 11:04

Indeed, I'm contributing in moving the club forward but anyone who cares about our club will never forget those Morell/Ingram years and would be foolish to do so.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 15 Aug 2012, 11:49

Noggin, think it came out wrong! I didn't mean forget about the bad times. We will never forget but we have moved on enough to helP the club. I meant the ones who won't move on and help the club.